The Time Traveller's Wife.

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 03:27 pm
I read this book last Saturday and could not put it down. I think I moved all of 3 times in 5 hours.
I enjoyed the circular path Henry lived in, and the repercussions of his time traveling on Clare. (More on this later)
What did other people think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 794 • Replies: 4
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:00 am
Its on a book club reading list on a tv programme in the UK, Ive heard lots about it and seems very popular .I havnt read it but its title sticks in my head.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 05:10 pm
It is on my "to read" list.

Care to say more, Taliesin?
0 Replies

Taliesin181

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 05:33 pm
Sure, dlowan.
It's a very well-written book about a man named Henry who, due to a genetic mutation, randomly travels through time to random points in his life, and his relationship with his wife because of this.

It has some very nice characterization, and I found the effects of Henry's interaction with his wife before they met in normal continuity on her development(Basically, they meet in real time when he's 28 and she's 20, but he later travels to points in her childhood, and I found that fascinating).

You should definitely read it.
0 Replies

UnagiSushi

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2005 07:24 pm
Re: The Time Traveller's Wife.
Taliesin181 wrote:
I read this book last Saturday and could not put it down. I think I moved all of 3 times in 5 hours.
I enjoyed the circular path Henry lived in, and the repercussions of his time traveling on Clare. (More on this later)
What did other people think?

Several months ago at a book store, I browsed through this book. I found it to be quite fascinating.

Very Happy
0 Replies