Is it too much to ask...

Lady J

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 12:23 am
DrewDad wrote:
kickycan wrote:
...like Austin or California or something like that...

I did like the bit about Austin being the equivalent of the whole state of California.

Hey now! I just happen to still represent that peanut gallery in California! At least for now! I love my Northern California! Although its equivalent in pricing to NY for the most part. Sad That's why I'm moving to Oklahoma and my daughter is heading for Texas.....

kicky...it is NEVER too late to start over. Someplace, anyplace. My daughter made the decision within three weeks to move to Texas and she is actually leaving here in about three weeks. I told her to go if she wanted to...there is no time like the present to find out what might make you happy.

If there are no ties that bind you to anywhere....consider everywhere and just go where your heart takes you. You can always go again...and again....and even again!

Remember...it is never the destination, but the journey....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 12:27 am
I spent most of my life in the city and as much as I loved it when I was younger, as I got older I grew very tired of it. I litterally couldn't stand the noise anymore. It was driving me insane. It was never even quiet in the middle of the night.
Where I live now, it's quieter during the day than it is at night in Waltham.
I don't miss the sirens, car alarms, car horns, street lights, endless daytime traffic, etc... Nope, I don't miss it one bit.

Maybe you're just getting tired of it too or maybe I'm just a country girl who doesn't know what the hell she's talking about, lol :-D
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 12:42 am
ossobuco wrote:
You'll probably not live in midtown florence, too many clumps of tourists, but in a nearby villa. Settignano? - I know I misspell that - Fiesole? Sigh.

San Francisco, heaven in many ways, but bring money. We need another a2k meet there...

I do love San Francisco. But, osso....if you move to New Mexico, I move to Oklahoma, kicky moves to Austin and Slappy somehow ends up in Dallas <g>, we could just have a good old Southwestern gathering! Dys and Diane and shewolf and DrewDad are all already there close by! And I also think Eva is in Oklahoma too....

Edited because I just hate it when I f**k something up!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:54 am
True, true. But I'll never say good bye to San Francisco, will always look for an excuse to go there. Hmmm, there's the giant photo show in July, I am going to try to go again this year..
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:27 pm
You and me both, osso. I could never say goodbye completely to San Francisco. It is The City, that once you fall in love with, and it sure doesn't take long, you can never get it out of your heart.

I still have family on the coast in Half Moon Bay, so I will always be looking for excuses to go home and visit! Smile

You know, it is really a shame...a photo show in The City in July? I'll just be in the process of setting up base camp in OK....but if I were still here, I would jump at the chance to come and meet you!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:54 pm
I'll check and see when it is, and post back. I thought it was in July that I saw it last year. Back in a minute.
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:58 pm
you can use my shower...I have plenty of hot water to go around.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:01 pm
Yes, it was July 22-25 last year, have emailed them if they'll do it this year. We'll see, but I think if it was earlier they'd be publicizing already (it's a huge show held at Fort Mason).
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:05 pm
hotsauce wrote:

Hey Sauce! Are you in San Francisco?
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:07 pm
Lady J wrote:
hotsauce wrote:

Hey Sauce! Are you in San Francisco?

lol...san francisco? did i miss something?
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:09 pm
Well, osso, even if they don't have the show this year, one day we will be meeting up, I am sure of it. Smile And always know that my door is always open to you if you ever get to Oklahoma. Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:17 pm
Yes, chances are pretty good!

I think Hotsauce is talking about Kicky running out of water..
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:24 pm
ossobuco wrote:

Lol! You are probably right about that hot water thing! I thought that fantasy was long over.... Confused
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:26 pm
Lady J wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Lol! You are probably right about that hot water thing! I thought that fantasy was long over.... Confused

just a joke...to cheer someone up...who suffers from cold morning showers. sorry to pop in on the middle of the conversation and confuse everyone. i'm from missouri.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:35 pm
We don't mind, glad to have you here..
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 11:09:27