Biography of Einstein?

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:45 am
His special theory of relativity was published 100 years ago. I want to read a good biography on this incredible man. Any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 703 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:58 am
I am not sure whether I read it or merely skimmed it, but I believe that "Einstein: The Life and Times" by Ronald Clark is considered good. If you start one and then find it to be uninteresting, just get another, because any decent book about him will be quite fascinating. IMO, Einstein was a great man apart from his scientific work. I would also suggest that you might want to look at "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman," for a look at another interesting Physics Nobel Prize winner.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 11:57 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
I would also suggest that you might want to look at "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman," for a look at another interesting Physics Nobel Prize winner.

Richard Feynman is a marvelous character! I read that book several years ago! It was hilarious!

I admire Einstein tremendously, though, as a philosopher as well as a scientist. The philosophy is easier to understand for me, a layman, than the science. I'll go look for that biography; thanks. Very Happy
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 09:28 pm
I don't know about any biography, but I own and enjoyed a book called Ideas and Opinions: it's essentially a collection of his 'non-technical' writings.
0 Replies