dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 03:09 pm
Yes, yes, yes all!!! Lovely idea for the magical garden! Would the gazing ball belong there? Perhaps a LITTLE restraint with the chimes -we need SOME silence!

Dys - REAL ones, I assume? Hmmmmm - they are finicky eaters - but VERY decorative. Will they allow themselves to be made into croquet mallets for special games? We shall need hedgehogs also..
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 03:19 pm
Are any benches supposed to be installed in the garden? Some of the members of the A2K are elderly people...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 03:33 pm
Benches aplenty, Steissd - with soft cushions and rugs, should they be required!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 03:36 pm
Well Deb, magical chimes would only chime when asked to and the gazing balls would just reflect the world upside down or right side up as it were.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 03:37 pm
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:A3OzO8JAGnwC:members.aol.com/cherokeeridge/gballcopy.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 03:51 pm
Ah - OPTIONAL chimes! Bring 'em on! And - nobody ever had too many balls, as I ever heard on, anyways...
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 04:17 pm
Well, at the back of this beautiful garden should be an arbor with a gate below, yellow climbing roses above. The gate is an entrance to a small pasture where an adorable spotted pony resides. Can there also be an old oak tree from which a swing hangs, so this lucky child can see out over the pasture fence?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 04:21 pm
Cool Tex-star a good climging tree is great for dreaming and pretending.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 05:40 pm
dyslexia, the sight of pink flamingoes in the sky is sacred; So much so, that I find it impossible to share them. I've seen them once, these birds in flight. I have seen a gold eagle three times, once on the ground right outside my window. Have you ever looked an eagle in the eye?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 05:41 pm
Yeppies- good ones...
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 11:14 pm
Once in New Mexico I saw a Road Runner on the free way. They are big and look just like the cartoon. He/she was running fast, beep, beep.
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 02:28 am
and the air will be filled with the teasing fragrance of gardenias
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 08:27 am
Gardenias are a wonderful idea - roadrunners maybe not so very MANY of them - beep beep - but how are we to keep both cats and birds happy in the same garden?

We must have several different kinds of wisteria.....
0 Replies

seaglass

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 10:29 pm
and night blooming jasmine and wonderful paths with Corsican mint growing around the rocks and white lilly of the valley with dainty butterflies darting from flower to flower- the birds are in beautiful large gilded cages and fat siamese cats guard them from danger
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 11:31 pm
Wisteria and night blooming jasmine that blooms all year or on call if we disire it.
0 Replies

Thinkzinc

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:41 pm
I love the sound of this garden!! Smile
Will it be possible for there to be a kitchen garden incorporated somewhere at the side? I would love to stroll across the other side of the garden to collect together salads that we can enjoy amongst the flowers, not to say bowls of the sweetest strawberries you can imagine! Don't worry, I'll look after the digging, weeding, etc Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:58 pm
One kitchen garden coming right up!

Separate, or with the vegies and suchlike distributed throughout the garden, as is modern?

If it is separate, we need an old wall and a formal herb garden!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:59 pm
seaglass and joanne - WOW! Lovely!

the fat siamese guarding the birds is a wonderful fancy!
0 Replies

Thinkzinc

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 08:28 am
dlowan, I'm feeling confused now Smile
I had been thinking about a Victorian style walled kitchen garden out at one side, but I'm not sure if that's the atmosphere we are after. Having the crops distributed across the garden sounds like a very nice idea Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 08:40 am
Hmmmm - then we have to give up our wall....hmmmmmm
0 Replies