are my reasons justified

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 06:53 pm
so I've thought about running from my home for a while and was wondering if my reasons are justified
My dad is almost constantly saying rude things to me
They make fun of me a lot, and my dad always talks down to me
My dad has threatened to “put me into the ground” on 5 different accounts
My mom never lets me talk to anybody and every time my mom meets one of my new friends my mom says that I'm not allowed to hang out with them anymore I'm not allowed to text my friends or out of state family, and I'm only allowed to talk to 2 other people, my mom never lets me go over to friends houses.I'm basically not allowed to come into contact with the outside world.
My dad calls me names at least 4 times every day
My dad always talks negatively about me to everyone else when he knows I'm in earshot
everything I do ruins their plans or their day, morning, or evening
They constantly tell me about how I messed up my brother's whole life
My dad is violent to literally everyone and everything that does something even remotely wrong he throws my brother around like a balled up piece of paper throws the dogs around like nothing and always hits with full force and never thinks twice when it comes to hitting us. He is always yelling at me or my brother he is always disappointed in me and if I've been meetings his standards for a couple days (like chores) he increases his expectation by a lot
They have removed the door from my bedroom and always have to know what I'm doing how I'm doing and when I'm doing it.
He is always calling me a liar and whenever I try to say what happened it always went a different way but according to my dad, I have never once said anything that wasn’t exaggerated.

View best answer, chosen by mistakendreams
jespah

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 07:45 pm
@mistakendreams,
Don't run away from home - life's not safe out there.

Instead, tell a trusted adult what you wrote here. A teacher, a neighbor, a doctor, an aunt or uncle.
mistakendreams

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2018 08:00 pm
@jespah,
nobody thinks I'm telling the truth they all think I'm over exaggerating and even so when they bring them in to talk to them their gonna take their word over mine
jespah
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2018 07:18 am
@mistakendreams,
Do you have physical evidence of abuse? Bruises, a black eye, that sort of thing? Then take pictures.

But beyond that, have you tried? Understand that there are a lot of people who are going to want to believe you but they also want some proof. Or they might be on the fence but proof would sway them.

Do you have a reputation for truth or for exaggeration? That will make a difference here.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » are my reasons justified
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 11:17:14