Colin Kaepernick's Nike deal

maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2018 04:42 pm
@Glennn,
I actually noticed that after I wrote it Wink. I was going to add "no pun intended"... but I liked it too much.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2018 08:38 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I wonder if Finn realizes that Rosa Parks wasn't White.

I'm sure he does.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2018 09:44 am
I guess Nike knows its target audience - online sales up 31%.
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:12 pm
@Chacha66,
Chacha66 wrote:
Why would anyone burn their shoes in protest just because a black man decided to say something about the injustice of black people being shot by the police.
It is not unjust for the police to defend themselves when a black person tries to murder them.

People are protesting Nike because they are offended by Nike's call for the murder of police officers.

Chacha66 wrote:
If this had happened during the civil rights to Martin Luther King, would people have burned their Bibles?
I do not believe that MLK would have called for police officers to be murdered with impunity.

If he had done so, however, he would indeed have been protested by people who found such a position repugnant.

Chacha66 wrote:
The man simply kneeled down during the national anthem. I've always been taught that kneeling is a form of respect.
In this case, his kneeling was a call for police officers to be murdered with impunity.

Chacha66 wrote:
We as Americans should come together to treat all of our citizens equally, and let them voice their opinion in situations that could pertain to them.
Good. Then let people voice their opinion if they think Nike is wrong to call for the murder of police officers.

Chacha66 wrote:
Protesting this man for finding a job is simply racism, and prejudice toward black people.
He isn't being protested for finding a job. He is being protested for calling for the murder of police officers. And such protests are not racist.

Chacha66 wrote:
Is this behavior Christian, or civil.
Yes.

Chacha66 wrote:
Put yourself ,for a minute in his place,
Sorry. I'm against murder.

Chacha66 wrote:
and stop burning shoes.
Practice what you preach, and let peaceful protesters make their peaceful protests.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:16 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
I think it is more ignorance or totally understanding what Colin is trying to do. I think it is more a lack of understanding on each side.
It is pretty clear that what he is trying to do, and is in fact doing, is calling for black people to be allowed to murder police officers with impunity.

I too support his right to have this view and express it.

I too support the right of other people to oppose this view, and express that opposition.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:21 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It is pretty clear that what he is trying to do, and is in fact doing, is calling for black people to be allowed to murder police officers with impunity.

I can't believe that it is not your intent to lie here.

You are saying that Colin Kaepernick is "calling for black people to be allowed to murder police officers with impunity".

This is by very definition a lie, it is not factual, and what he is actually saying is on the public record.

You are saying (repeatedly) a bald-faced lie. Some of the things you claim to be "facts" are open to interpretation. This is not an example of this. This is demonstrably incorrect, and the fact that it is so easy to confirm it is incorrect means that you can't even use "intent" as an excuse.

oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:21 pm
@Chacha66,
Chacha66 wrote:
I personally don't think that kneeling during the national anthem disrespects veterans.
Calling for police officers to be murdered with impunity could be seen as disrespectful of police officers.

Chacha66 wrote:
I know that people have fought wars to be able to have freedom of speech, and Colin was exercising his freedom of speech. Why are people protesting so harshly.
Because they do not think that black people should be allowed to murder police officers with impunity.

Chacha66 wrote:
This man has not been able to find a job because of his protest, do you think this is fair.
Yes.

Chacha66 wrote:
I would expect this to happen in a communist country, but not America where all races of people have fought for the right for freedom of speech.
Freedom of speech allows people who do not think that black people should be allowed to murder police officers with impunity to express their views on the matter.

Chacha66 wrote:
For someone to get so personally involved to attempt to keep this man unemployed is pure racism in my opinion.
Your opinion is wrong. The protesters' objections to him are due to his positions and not to his race.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:25 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I can't believe that it is not your intent to lie here.
Your belief is correct. My intent is to tell the truth.

maxdancona wrote:
You are saying that Colin Kaepernick is "calling for black people to be allowed to murder police officers with impunity".
Yes.

maxdancona wrote:
This is by very definition a lie, it is not factual,
That is incorrect. It is entirely factual.

maxdancona wrote:
and what he is actually saying is on the public record.
He is supporting the BLM goons is he not?

maxdancona wrote:
You are saying (repeatedly) a bald-faced lie.
No. Everything that I am saying is factually correct in every respect.
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:28 pm
@Chacha66,
Chacha66 wrote:
No I'm not a veteran nor have I fought in a war, but I know that what Kaepernick was attempting to protest against injustice.
It is not injustice for police officers to defend themselves when a black person tries to murder them.

Chacha66 wrote:
I know that people of all races have served in the army, but at one point the black men that served had to come home to injustice, and some were even killed. This is about Kaepernick being able to exercise his right of speech without retaliation against him.
People who disagree with his call for black people to be allowed to murder police officers with impunity also have a free speech right to express their views.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:29 pm
@oralloy,
Bullshit Oralloy! I am assuming that you have enough neurons in your brain to make a complete synapse. What you are saying is so idiotic, and so clearly wrong, that when you continue to repeat it, you are passing from ideological to ridiculous.

Kaepernick has spoken quite a bit about his protest. Go ahead, provide a single quote where he says anything even remotely like what you are claiming he is calling for. You are just repeating to yourself who "I am factual, I am factual" as if you are some cultish trance.

You are being utterly ridiculous.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:30 pm
@maxdancona,
OMG she wasn't white?

maxdancona

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 05:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, the point is that you are white-washing Rosa Parks by pretending that she would be on the side of White conservatives.

Rosa Parks was a liberal, Black, civil rights activist who agitated for change and pissed of White conservatives (much like Kaepernick is doing). I am quite sure that were she alive... she would support Colin Kaepernick's protest. How do I know this? Because every civil rights leader who is still alive supports it (as I have heard).

It is funny how after civil rights leaders die, White Conservatives try to claim them as their own... the same people who opposed them when they were living. This also happened to Martin Luther King.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 06:01 pm

It is a very good ad.

Quote:
Don't ask if your dreams are crazy. Ask if they are crazy enough.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 07:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Bullshit Oralloy! I am assuming that you have enough neurons in your brain to make a complete synapse. What you are saying is so idiotic, and so clearly wrong, that when you continue to repeat it, you are passing from ideological to ridiculous.
Everything that I am saying is true.

maxdancona wrote:
Kaepernick has spoken quite a bit about his protest. Go ahead, provide a single quote where he says anything even remotely like what you are claiming he is calling for.
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem

maxdancona wrote:
You are just repeating to yourself who "I am factual, I am factual" as if you are some cultish trance.
You are being utterly ridiculous.
It is reasonable for me to stand my ground when I am entirely correct.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 07:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Rosa Parks was a liberal, Black, civil rights activist who agitated for change and pissed of White conservatives (much like Kaepernick is doing). I am quite sure that were she alive... she would support Colin Kaepernick's protest. How do I know this? Because every civil rights leader who is still alive supports it (as I have heard).
All that shows is that the civil rights movement is today a morally bankrupt shell of what it once was.

maxdancona wrote:
It is funny how after civil rights leaders die, White Conservatives try to claim them as their own... the same people who opposed them when they were living. This also happened to Martin Luther King.
These white conservatives recognize that the civil rights movement back then was morally correct.

I embraced Rosa Parks' past stand against segregation, as a white conservative, when she was still alive.

Liberals who say that white conservatives are not allowed to embrace racial equality, are racist.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 08:01 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
... [Kaepernick;s] call for black people to be allowed to murder police officers with impunity

This is a bald faced lie. Show me a quote where he said that black people should be allowed to murder police officers. You are making this up with zero evidence.

You are claiming he says this.
In fact, he never said this. It is a lie.

You aren't even pretending to care about "facts" any more. This is blind ideology with no regard whatsoever for the actual truth.
oralloy

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 08:19 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
This is a bald faced lie.
That is incorrect. My statement is factually accurate.

maxdancona wrote:
Show me a quote where he said that black people should be allowed to murder police officers.
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem

maxdancona wrote:
You are making this up with zero evidence.

maxdancona wrote:
You are claiming he says this.
In fact, he never said this. It is a lie.

maxdancona wrote:
You aren't even pretending to care about "facts" any more.
I've never pretended. Facts have always been my best ally.

maxdancona wrote:
This is blind ideology with no regard whatsoever for the actual truth.
That is incorrect. My statements are all 100% true.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 08:42 pm
@oralloy,
Geez Oralloy,

Maybe the problem isn't that you are lying.... maybe the problem is that you don't seem to understand ******* English!

You are saying that he called for "Black people to be able to murder police officers". There is nothing in that quote you keep posting that says anything of the sort.

You are either lying, or you have basic problem understanding the English language. (I suppose I am conceding the point that if you problem is one of basic comprehension, then you aren't lying based on your suggestion that lying implies intent rather than the inability to grasp basic facts.

Maybe you are so ideologically far gone, that you you have the ability to tell the difference between "fact" and conservative wet dream.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2018 09:04 pm
@maxdancona,
Yes, Oralloy... I am getting upset. It is because you are basically making the ridiculous argument that everyone who disagrees with you wants to murder police officers.

This is not only a stupid thing to claim, it is offensive. For the record, I get just as upset when liberals claim that Trump supporters are Nazis. Idiocy knows no ideological boundaries, and I call it when I see it on either side.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2018 10:09 am
@maxdancona,
Your hypothetical is weak. The playing of the national anthem has been a long-standing tradition at sporting events. It would be difficult to imagine an office setting where it was a regular feature of the day, however if it were and the employer required all employees to stand or be fired, you as an employee could complain but unless you lived in a state that had enacted a statute that addressed such a scenario you could be fired without redress. Federal law doesn't address it. An employee in such a scenario who refuses to stand would not necessarily be engaged in a political demonstration. The NFL players who kneel are, by their own admission, so engaged.

How are my points about businesses one-sided? Where do you find a right of employees to engage in political demonstrations that are not approved of by their employers while in the course and scope of their employment?

I've no sympathy for the NFL either. It has been gutless in this regard.

Are you seriously making the case that BLM's cause is entirely (or mainly) based on "Take a Knee" demonstrations? Most of the people who find these demonstrations offensive aren't even thinking about BLM.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 08:01:56