Text Messenging - How to turn it off?

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 12:59 pm
I have two phones with Sprint PCS. For three months, I have tried to get them to turn off all TM service for both phones. First they said I needed to check off some options through their website, which I did, but apparently only for one of the two phones (grrr). Then then said I needed to have all wireless web functionality turned off, which I did. Then, they said I failed to turn the options off for both phones (grrrr!). Now, after all this, I was using my daughter's phone to make long distance call and a TM showed up.

Now, I've fully admitted that my teenage daugter has used the feature, and for the most part, Sprint has credited me for the cost because I asked for TM to be turned off. The thing is, why can't they turn it off? What am I doing wrong? We never had this problem until we got the new "fair and flexible" plan. Argh!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,942 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Heliotrope

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 03:07 pm
I'm having trouble understanding why you would want a valuable service switched off.
It costs far less than a phonecall, gets right to the point and you can look at it when you want and reply when you want.
It's great.
I'd have the voice thing switched off before text messaging !
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 10:32 am
Bah, it's just a toy for kids, and it costs .10/msg.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 03:30 am
Ahhh yes.
You're so correct.
My apologies for intruding into your peace and quiet.
I'll leave you in the peace of the 1800's.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 11:17 am
I have a Sprint phone and they suck... I ask them to turn off my vision and they still won't... yet I don't use it and it costs me 15 bucks a month!

My honest advice is to get away from sprint... like I shall be doing soon!! Go to Nextel or Verizon...

sorry I couldn't give ya better advice!
0 Replies

Can of Ham

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2005 05:05 pm
Verizon is a great service provider..... but back to topic. You should have that option under

Messaging>
Message Option>>
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:10 am
I know about those options, been there, done that, did nothing! Very Happy
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:11 am
Sprint is the devil. Run cjhsa...run as fast as you can away from them.....

They do this kind of stuff to lots of people. And you have to fight with them to get it resolved.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:16 am
Actually, so far they have credited my account for all of the TM's, since I told them I wanted the feature removed and they couldn't do it (for a variety of reasons).

I have a Nextel phone at work, and I'm hoping that since Sprint bought them, that soon Sprint's coverage will expand. Nextel works great in northern Michigan where I go in summer, but Sprint doesn't work at all.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:25 am
I'm gald you are getting better service than I got. They really gave me the red ass....
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:27 am
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't think much of any of them. Some of the smaller ones that serve markets where the big boys don't tread are much friendlier, but they are also expensive.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 11:33 am
Yeah, I guess you're right....all cell companies really do stick it to you. Then again, almost all businesses do now. What ever happened to customer service?
0 Replies