I'm looking for a song

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 07:02 pm
I don't know the artist/band either. I only remember the music video, in which there was a dude screaming at the very beginning, some guy skating around the musicians playing the song, then some black guy playing the guitar on a bed and some fish in a fishbowl? it's a rock song, probably 90s or early 2000s. I would be soooo grateful if someone could tell me what's the song, I've been looking for it for YEARS!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,207 • Replies: 15

Blickers

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2018 10:51 pm
@dufort28,
Dunno, but between the black guy playing guitar and fish and the fishbowl, I think there's a chance it might be by Hootie and the Blowfish, a 90's rock group with a black lead singer.
dufort28

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2018 01:10 pm
@Blickers,
I looked it up and sadly it wasn't the band i'm looking for! The black dude had dreads, and this one doesn't have hair ahahahaha but thanks anyway!
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2018 07:43 pm
@dufort28,
I don't know the answer.
Could it the rock band (Living Colour)?
dufort28

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2018 08:48 pm
@Real Music,
I've looked on youtube and sadly its not them! The majority of the musicians were white, and there was this black dude with dreads, but thanks anyway! i feel we're getting closer somehow!
dufort28

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2018 08:49 pm
@dufort28,
and maybe the name of the band have numbers in it, that could explain why i'm having so much of a hard time to find it?
dufort28

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2018 09:25 pm
@dufort28,
and after the scream the guitar riff goes like this : du du dunnn..... du du dunnn... i feel so ridiculous ahahahaha
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 09:53 am
@dufort28,
Is it possible this was a video where a part of it was played on Beavis & Butthead?
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:05 am
@dufort28,
Quote dufort:
Quote:
and maybe the name of the band have numbers in it, that could explain why i'm having so much of a hard time to find it?
UB40 is a band with white and black members. Been around since at least the 80s, but popular into the nineties and 2000s. Mostly played ska and reggae, but might have fit a rock song or two in there.

Named after the UK unemployment compensation application form.
Blickers

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:29 am
@Blickers,
Here's The Earth Dies Screaming by UB40. Has screaming in the name, doesn't have a screaming guy to start off but does have a black guy with dreads playing bass guitar. Also has a duh duh duh riff starting off, albeit on bass.

No biological goldfish in the video, but the family in the apartment pictured have goldfish-like expressions plastered on their face.

dufort28

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
@Blickers,
Hi! thanks so much for helping, I've looked it up and its not the good band but I honestly thought it was them for a moment! we are getting closer!
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:45 am
@dufort28,
Thanks. Here's something I would like to know:
Quote:
some guy skating around the musicians playing the song,

Was he roller skating or ice skating, and was he alone or with other skaters?
jcboy

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:06 pm
@dufort28,
Is it Chiddy bang? Razz

dufort28

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 07:40 pm
@Blickers,
Skateboarding Smile
0 Replies

dufort28

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 07:41 pm
@jcboy,
sadly no hahaha! but thanks you so much for your help, everyone!
0 Replies

dufort28

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2018 07:45 pm
@Blickers,
and if I recall well, he was alone, skateboarding around the muscians, in a large room!
0 Replies