Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,086 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 04:53 pm
Some people have complicated lives.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 05:04 pm
I think it's more like compllicated personalities.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 05:26 pm
Oh my.

I'm a member of the Groucho Marx book club. It's even more exclusive than your's CI as it has NO members.

So there!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 05:30 pm
OUCH! * I've been had.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 06:06 pm
Really though, this article is disturbing.

Snobbishness is something I really don't understand. I wish I could still go back and read an old Abuzz thread I had on pretensiousness as it really did help me understand one-upmanship.

I almost stated a thread today about the comfort of mediocrity but I couldn't really get my thoughts lined up.....
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:02 pm
boomerang, When you get one going, please post the link to this thread. Sounds interesting. It seems our society now feels "cheating" is a norm in this country. Look at all the athletes that use drugs to enhance their performance, the CEOs that cheat their investors and employees, and white collar crimes that rarely gets punished.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:20 pm
I will indeed, CI.

It really seems as if people have lost their way on deciding what is worthwhile. And the new catch prase of "ownership society" really plays into those feeling that nothing is ever enough.

Priding oneself on exclusion really fits into the modern American psyche. These book clubs really fit the bill, don't you think?

Thank you for posting the article CI. Good food for thought.....
0 Replies