Nominated to a honor society in College

Linkat

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 03:06 pm
Sounds good huh, but it costs $85. I did find out it is a legit national honor society. Also the school itself promotes it so even though it is national many of the promotions are done directly through the school. I looked online and read a mix of feelings - the overall feeling is that it depends on how much the school promotes in - in that how involved and how much the school itself offers in this regard. So my daughter wrote to the adviser and asked some details before shelling out any money in summary --

There are a lot of benefits to joining the National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS). Joining NSLS gives you the opportunity to grow and develop as a leader, while providing you with skills to help you after you graduation. You’ll be able to hear from a wide range of speakers through the academic year. These speakers are experts on leadership, motivation, professionalism, and much more. You’ll also have access to the success coaching that is offered through NSLS and the job bank that gives students the opportunity to apply to jobs/internships and access to employers seeking to hire society members. Here is the link to the full list of membership benefits online.

They do offer some potential scholarships as well - not sure how easy they are to get.

So what are your thoughts - think it is worth the $85?

engineer

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 04:59 pm
@Linkat,
IMO, no, it's not worth it. I did that stuff and it felt like a great honor at the time. The only benefit I saw from it was mailings offering to sell me fancy listings in a national directory and various pins and diploma covers.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Nominated to a honor society in College
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 08:24:44