Daniel Tammet, Savant

RexRed

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 10:59 am
Have you heard of the brainman?

An extraordinary British person with extraordinary gifts...

What do you think of this ability... savant?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,,1409903,00.html

I hope the link works if not, do a search on the internet for "Daniel Tammet".

I think I have seen the face of God.

Please do not turn this post into a discussion about alternative lifestyles.
I would rather hear what you think about this ability with numbers and SUPER human memory.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,092 • Replies: 12
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 02:27 pm
http://media.science.discovery.com/convergence/brainman/videogallery/videogallery.html
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 01:41 am
The Greeks talk of savant in Atlantis.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:04 am
Cool article.

It sounds almost like synesthesia the way he sees the numbers as movement or color.

The brain is really the most amazing thing in the world.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:42 am
I was in a band once where the lead singer knew the lyrics to over a thousand songs. You just had to tell him your phone number once and he had it memorized. He said he did it by using shapes and colors.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 10:50 am
panzade wrote:
I was in a band once where the lead singer knew the lyrics to over a thousand songs. You just had to tell him your phone number once and he had it memorized. He said he did it by using shapes and colors.

I know the lyrics to over a thousand songs too. I used to be booked as that (the man who knows a thousand songs) but remember a phone number forget it. Only If you sing it to me... hehe
0 Replies

Vengoropatubus

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 03:33 pm
I know the lyrics to more than a thousand songs. Unfortunately, most of those songs are classical and therefore have no lyrics... but that's not the point. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 04:02 pm
Vengoropatubus wrote:
I know the lyrics to more than a thousand songs. Unfortunately, most of those songs are classical and therefore have no lyrics... but that's not the point. Smile

I think all music has unsung lyrics Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:14 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEGTH1TqCck&mode=related&search=
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:56 pm
That was really fascinating...it's like these magical powers are inside of us all but we just don't know how to access them. It's especially amazing to me how his brain has worked out this method of communicating the answers to his consciousness through shapes and colors.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 01:00 pm
Here Rex comes up with a truly interesting subject for a thread, and then throws in that crap about Atlantis.

Oh well, i shouldn't be surprised.

Tammet is a fascinating individual.
RexRed

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 07:44 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Here Rex comes up with a truly interesting subject for a thread, and then throws in that crap about Atlantis.

I half agree... is not Zion also a place theorized about but seemingly never found? Do you hold the same distaste for that "myth"? Do you have anything against dreams and fantasy? Fantasy sometimes can make a sad reality more palatable. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:04 am
Genius Child Kicked Out Of School For “Not Being Able To Learn” Could Win Nobel Peace Prize
http://higherperspective.com/2014/02/genius-child-kicked-school-able-learn-win-nobel-peace-prize.html
0 Replies