Went back on my word

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 08:18 pm
Hello my friends;

I dont know if you remember me or not, for i had a very beautiful long hair, white cat named ,"Snow" who had lived with me for years.

Because she had cancer I had to put her to sleep.. I said then that I would never have another cat for I feel very sad when I loose them.

Well I am a very weak person for today I have four cats..they dont live in my house but they stay out on my back porch. Every morning around seven I feed them.......1 grey.....1 stripe.....1 black and white....
....1 white with a brown tail...Three are females that are going to have kittens....The grayone is a male but not old enough to be a father...He isa kitten of the striped one.

I have a little place out on the porch where they can get into when it rains....So each morning I start out with my little family...They all purr and purr so they are happy and I am very happy...

Joe Harris
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 803 • Replies: 5
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 08:19 pm
Awwwwww..... so, will you get all the kitties desexed?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 08:23 pm
I know how it goes, joe. I had a terrible time after the lose of my last cat. Somehow, I ended up with three more.

Cats happen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 10:19 pm
Joe Harris, it is nice to see you back here, especially with your cats. So, what are their names?

I think you will need one or more of them to be neutered, or else you'll have hundreds of cats soon enough. There are local places that can help you with that, and maybe some posters here will have a phone number for you to call for help on that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 11:00 pm
This little back-porch scene reminds me of my trip to Italy. My family there ahd several houses and apartments in piegaio and Lucca. One of the houses in piegaio had an old chicken coop that had been transformed into a kitty resort. There were baskets lined with towels and blankets and the whole thing was enclosed in heavy plastic (with a cat door, of course). The family would bring the cats a big bowl of pasta (ack!) mixed with cat food every day.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 11:27 pm
In Rome, on the aventine hill, I saw a woman leaving some nice spaghetti out for the cats, down hill by the old aqueduct. And over on Largo Argentina, I saw more than one cat offering of pasta and whatever.

I think the Romans made an effort to get rid of cats, perhaps 25 years ago now, and it was a failure. Or maybe I read about that in Rome and a Villa, by Eleanor Clark. Anyway, they let cats come back to work.

<LittleK, I know Joe Harris has been to Italy, from earlier posts. Don't know if he noticed cats there, though.>
0 Replies