Wanna show some more skin?

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:37 pm
kickycan wrote:
littlek, what is that thing on your arm? I know, it's a bug, but come on, let's hear the story--what it means, why is it significant to you, when did you get it, who did it for you, etc...

It's a muppet from the Dark Crystal, a Jim Henson/Gary kurtz/Frank Oz/David Odel and most of all Brian Froud production. Brian Froud is best known originaly for his fairy books and later for his "pressed" fairy books. He was the conceptual artist behind the movie's creatures. I love his work. I loved the movie. There is an asymmetrical symmetry to the stuff he did for the movie.

I loved the bug's big budha eyes, that he looked like a cross between insect, animal and even mineral. I loved the colors which, to me, represent my time in Santa Fe which is where I had it done. By an ex-boyfriend's sister.

Here's the original image (well, original from the book produced about the guy's work):
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDpAu0UXuH1DMLIDOFWeDSJjw32T17dufj6j*EKaV9cHWA!xxztFe!Z4Jv*Cwd5ISAlFGQz1SbJ9KVJgYm7BnXVMvJJ2dlRTwdjqOnkw*A/Boodabug1.jpg

Here's a pressed fairy I had as an avatar for a while:
http://www.elfenportal.de/images/kunde/kalender_froud03.jpg

Here's a link to a Brian Froud Website:
Froud
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:38 pm
boomerang wrote:
Oh I believe you have one.

But you said it was above your right - MY left boob.

MY left boob has been reserved for St. Cecelia and a pot pie.

Haha! Whoopsie.....
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:44 pm
You girls are quickish.

Montana, if you want, I know a guy who can turn your right nipple (my left) into a lovely brisket.

I wish I were brave enough for a tattoo. Honestly, I was a total baby about even having my ears pierced.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 07:47 pm
boomerang wrote:
You girls are quickish.

Montana, if you want, I know a guy who can turn your right nipple (my left) into a lovely brisket.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:03 pm
I would also like to say that you guys all have great tatoos. I'm thing about getting another.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:04 pm
sublime1 wrote:
C'mon Shewolf, I showed you mine. Its only fair you show yours.

just rewind the tapes......
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:07 pm
littlek wrote:
kickycan wrote:
littlek, what is that thing on your arm? I know, it's a bug, but come on, let's hear the story--what it means, why is it significant to you, when did you get it, who did it for you, etc...

It's a muppet from the Dark Crystal, a Jim Henson/Gary kurtz/Frank Oz/David Odel and most of all Brian Froud production. Brian Froud is best known originaly for his fairy books and later for his "pressed" fairy books. He was the conceptual artist behind the movie's creatures. I love his work. I loved the movie. There is an asymmetrical symmetry to the stuff he did for the movie.

I loved the bug's big budha eyes, that he looked like a cross between insect, animal and even mineral. I loved the colors which, to me, represent my time in Santa Fe which is where I had it done. By an ex-boyfriend's sister.

Here's the original image (well, original from the book produced about the guy's work):
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQDpAu0UXuH1DMLIDOFWeDSJjw32T17dufj6j*EKaV9cHWA!xxztFe!Z4Jv*Cwd5ISAlFGQz1SbJ9KVJgYm7BnXVMvJJ2dlRTwdjqOnkw*A/Boodabug1.jpg

Here's a pressed fairy I had as an avatar for a while:
http://www.elfenportal.de/images/kunde/kalender_froud03.jpg

Here's a link to a Brian Froud Website:
Froud

Aaah, another piece of the littlek puzzle slides nicely into place. Interesting. I barely remember the Dark Crystal. But I guess it's more about Froud's work and your time in Santa Fe, eh?

So when are you going to get your Boston tattoo?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:10 pm
that's cool lk, i thought it was a praying mantis the first time i saw it
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:14 pm
I've changed my mind. I'm going to get a sweet toaster oven and washer machine on my back .
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:20 pm
I have tattoos of Will and Ariel Durant on my butt.

One on each cheek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:37 pm
Kicky - it's about the dark crystal too. The movie was made toward the end of Jim Henson's life, the story line was all about good vs bad. About coming to grips with the dark side, sort of. It's a classic tale, really, with super-cool creatures.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:42 pm
Yeah, I sort of remember that...it's just been so long, I can't remember details.

I'm beginning to understand, but...coming to grips with the dark side? How could that have anything to do with you? You don't have a dark side, littlek!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:46 pm
So you and roger say.....

The dark side doesn't have to be a blood thirsty killing machine aspect. For me it's all the bad stuff about me - materialism, self-doubt, nose-picking - whatever.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:48 pm
gemini-slaying ...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:56 pm
right, gemini-slaying = dark side.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 08:58 pm
Okay, now I have no idea what you guys are talking about...again.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:00 pm
Sounds like you need another cigarette, kix.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:04 pm
Naaah, I don't smoke. Just tell me that was an inside joke, so I don't go away thinking I'm losing my always-sharp-as-a-razor mind.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:32 pm
It's an inside joke.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 09:35 pm
well, it's not actually a joke so much as a universal truth
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 11:58:07