Pyramid frustration

RfromP

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 06:26 pm
It's UFO night on the History Channel. It's just so frustrating to hear some of the nonsense being shown and declared as fact.

For instance they're showing a guy who is talking about the great pyramid and he states, "Suddenly out of nowhere, this extraordinary monument, a high tech achievement by any standards just appears on the desert. This is a great mystery, totally unexplained by conventional history."

I take issue with his statement. There are hundreds of examples in and around Egypt of failed pyramids. The pyramids at Giza didn't just appear from nowhere. What's so hard to believe that ancient peoples couldn't have constructed these monuments? Through a process of trial and error over hundreds of years they finally got it right. They were Homo sapiens with the same brains we modern people have. They may not have had machines and computers but they still used math and understood architecture principles.

What irks me the most is that there may be some watching, especially the young who may accept his gobbledygook as fact. It's simply exasperating to hear such baloney.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 535 • Replies: 3
No top replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 06:47 pm
It's UFO night again? I could have sworn it wa UFO night last weekend too. And the weekend before that, they talked about pyramids as well...only that time, they explained how they(1 guy) thought humans actually constructed pyramids using simple tools.

This is what happens after they have done a show on every single military vehicle, weapon, war and controversial leader...quick, somebody write them some more history to report!
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 07:02 pm
Interesting signature stuh505, a Charlie M. quote perhaps?
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 09:07 pm
I'm not sure
0 Replies