Tax returns .... blah!

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 03:19 pm
I'm working on our family's tax returns today. Sad

Anyone else tackled theirs yet? Just finished mine and I'm actually getting a refund this year....albeit only $30. Better back in my pocket, I say!

What's that saying about "Death and Taxes" again? Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,265 • Replies: 33
No top replies

bermbits

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 06:40 am
Finished mine about a week ago - I've been using TurboTax Basic for a few years now. My financial situation is pretty straightforward, so it serves me well.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 09:35 am
Mine were done about a week ago (I don't think I did bermbits' taxes :-D). TurboTax is the neatest thing since sliced bread. We own our own home, have a car loan and some investments and it works just fine. We use TurboTax on the web (and have for the last several years, I think since '98) and it's never let us down.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 11:46 am
I still do it the "old-fashioned" way.... Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 03:31 pm
We have Turbotax resident locally on our computer (not the web version). How do I go about upgrading it from last years version? Do I simply bring it up and let it update itself? If so, what is the charge for that and how is it processed (I'm guessing they accept VISA)?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 03:32 pm
Did em and owe... Mad
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:05 pm
Me too. More than ever.
2004 was a very good year.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:06 pm
eoe wrote:
Me too. More than ever.

A good year to bend over and take it apparently... Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:08 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
eoe wrote:
Me too. More than ever.

A good year to bend over and take it apparently... Laughing

Not without a fight.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:19 pm
cjhsa wrote:
We have Turbotax resident locally on our computer (not the web version). How do I go about upgrading it from last years version? Do I simply bring it up and let it update itself? If so, what is the charge for that and how is it processed (I'm guessing they accept VISA)?

It would be slick if you could do that, but my guess is that you have to buy the 2004 version...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:25 pm
TaxAct. It's free, and what I use. Used it last year, and will again this year.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:45 pm
Refund already spent.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:55 pm
Since we always owe, I wait until the last minute. Holding onto my cash for as long as possible.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:05 pm
I did mine almost two months ago. Got my federal refund check about three weeks ago. Still waiting on the state. Still, I'm glad I got that annoying headache out of the way early.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:19 pm
i luuuurve tax returns. as a foreigner i get $$$ back, over a thousand each year. i chose to get taxed at a highest possible level - that way i get more money back, and i stash it into a CD account right away so that I cannot touch it.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:23 pm
I always get a pretty good chunk back like that too. I always heard that it's better to get as close to evening out as possible though. That way your money is not sitting in the hands of the government all year while it could be in your hands earning you interest.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:27 pm
I love H & R Block. It's worth the money. My taxes were very complicated this year, and yet it was all over in a half hour. Now I'm waiting for my refund to come in the mail.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 08:13 pm
I like the idea earning interest by not overpaying on payroll deductions, too, kicky. Ah, if only I had done that. If the entire overpayment were available at the beginning of the year, my savings account would have returned enough I could be enjoying a Whopper with fries right now. Had you been along, you might have gotten a cup of coffee with me. A small one.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:23 am
I did it the old fashioned way. Gave it to my accountant. Sent in a month ago.
Note watch out for the {AMT } Alternative minimum tax. It was enacted to make sure the rich pay their share or at least some of their share but in now impacting the middle class taxpayers.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 10:19 am
F the AMT. F the IRS.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Tax returns .... blah!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 10:50:27