What inspired your forum name?

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 11:05 am
Why are you called what your called on the forum?
Who made it up?

Can you guess who Im a fan off from my name??!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,331 • Replies: 65
No top replies

panzade

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 11:07 am
Martha Stewart?
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 11:24 am
I started as bobsmyth. My name Bob Smith became that as in Bob's story. I suddenly couldn't log in as that name was taken. I knew it was taken, I took it. No use arguing with the machine so I added hawk as I band them for U. S. fish and wildlife. Voila, c'est moi.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 11:26 am
I am crazie and I am a lady... and 420..cough cough... hmm....that and I use it everywhere else I go online.. so if you ever see it (spelt with ie at the end of crazy) then it is me!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 11:33 am
I just made mine up. It means nothing, really. I used to play the guitar, and one day I was joking with my old roommate that I was going to start a jugband and tour at moose lodges across the country. I told her I was going to name the band, "Kickycan and the Caribou Stompers".
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 11:35 am
I'm not crazie or proficient on the jug, but as many of you know I am a semi-retired, soccer playin', Pink Floyd lovin', former trapeze artist from Costa Rica who caught a train to nowhere, and ended up in the middle of it. But that doesn't really pertain to the question, does it?

"Ticomaya"

Tico Maya

tē'kō mä'yä

Taken from Central American slang, I either selected my user name because I'm a native of Costa Rica of Mayan descent, ... or ... it is simply representative of the power of a Costa Rican god to transform a concept into an element of the sensible world, ... or ... more than likely, whimsy took over and I just made it up and thought it sounded cool at the time.

I often forget which ... but it definitely is one of the three.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 04:18 pm
Re: What inspired your forum name?
material girl wrote:

Can you guess who Im a fan off from my name??!

Così fan tutte - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Laughing
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 04:20 pm
My real name is Egroeg.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 04:23 pm
Actually, I had a sex change and am a "Former Man" , somehow that didnt come across when I signed up in this outfit.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 04:27 pm
I wanted to use the name "Johnny Danger" but it was already in use, so I went with my real name.

They both have a nice ring.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 04:38 pm
I could tell you but I'd have to kill you.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 05:37 pm
My son introduced me to Abuzz, he was always talking about it. So once when he was over here he asked me if I wanted to sign up and I thought what the hay. Any of you with adult, on their own, children will understand that he insisted on pulling up the site and logging me in. (he wasn't sure I was capable of navigating the hard questions, hell I've been using computers since he was in grade school) When he asked me what I wanted my screen name to be, I thought, well I do like gemstones and figured I still looked pretty good, so I said, type in glitterbabe. Well he looked at me as only a 27 year old man can look at his mother when he disapproves of her selection (I think he thought it was too risque for HIS mother) and typed something in and showed it to me. It was glitterbag, and it made me laugh so hard I wouldn't let him change it. Have used the name ever since.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 06:55 pm
It's simple for me. Reyn (short for Reynold) is my real first name....
0 Replies

ocsoftballer

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 07:24 pm
im from oil city (oc) and i play softball (softballer). its my name for all messengers and other sites online.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:16 pm
my initials are jd, i'm a music fan and a fan of word manipulation so i liked the palindrome effect of djjd, the first time i tried to use i i was told, user already exists, so i added the year of my birth to the mix and the rest as they say is history
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2005 09:21 pm
bobsmythhawk wrote:
I started as bobsmyth. My name Bob Smith became that as in Bob's story. I suddenly couldn't log in as that name was taken. I knew it was taken, I took it. No use arguing with the machine so I added hawk as I band them for U. S. fish and wildlife. Voila, c'est moi.

This is really quite funny.... I thought your name was "Bob's My Thhawk." I was going to ask you, "What's a thhawk?"

Material Girl, thanks for starting this thread! So many mysteries cleared up.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 05:28 am
George wrote:
My real name is Egroeg.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 09:17 am
Neo-The character from Matrix
Guin-Common term for my Alma Mater's sports teams (In my case singular).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 09:42 am
the true story
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 09:43 am
and the link to an earlier thread on this question

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=382734#382734
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What inspired your forum name?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 10:36:57