When is a "real" lie?

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 12:38 pm
I have a bf who has a history of not fully telling the truth about his money issues. Since he wants to live with me and possibly, marry, his truthfulness of this issue is critical. We've been together several years and he knows that until I'm satisfied he is not playing games with reality, I can't move forward with him. He promised me he is a "changed man" and is totally responsible with his finances.
He had been using is elderly mother's credit card for certain items last year when he was unemployed and told me she knew about it. She is essentially destitute and ready to go on Medicaid and has Alzheimer's. The card in question is almost at its max and he pays it with her funds (I believe) nominal amounts just to keep the card open for emergencies.

He has been re-employed for several months ago and apparently paying his own bills but I learned a magazine subscription he must have ordered last Fall when he was unemployed and used her card, was renewed almost 2 months ago and charged to his mother's account. I know he sees her bills and makes the modest payments so I assume he saw the charge on the May statement.
My question is: I am not aware of whose money the nominal payments on the account came from, but have good reason to believe it is his mother's money; isn't this a lie? Even if it he used his some of his money to pay his mother's card, is it still dishonest?
He has told me in the past he has no intent to pay off her card since once she passes, there will be no money to pay it.

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 12:47 pm
Ha! The credit card company may come after the estate, if it feels there’s some $$ there.

You have posted about this guy and his financial problem before. You like to roll in the hay with him. So be it, nothing more.

Why marry a deadbeat?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 01:04 pm
PUNKEY's got it. The guy isn't going to quit till he has bankrupted everybody who has made themselves vulnerable.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 01:37 pm
Once again, don't marry this deadbeat. He will destroy your credit rating and leave you with bills. Screw him all you like. You don't need a marriage license for that.
0 Replies

morelies

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 02:03 pm
How do I finally break it off with him? I've been told you should always take the high road when doing so.
jespah

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2018 03:06 pm
@morelies,
You're in your mid-sixties and you've never, ever broken up with someone?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2018 07:01 am
https://able2know.org/topic/469284-1
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » When is a "real" lie?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.4 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 11:40:35