Fat Shaming? Your opinion?

Panoramix

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 04:45 pm
@ehBeth,
No, I am not. Most of users from 9gag, Reddit etc, for instance, are from EU, CA, US etc.. And these places are typical birthplace of fat jokes and so. I think is it you and your rigid "I know better, I am better" point of view. And also "I came from better culture".

Say, am I really that weird? We cannot joke about fat people, because it might touch some people feelings. But we cannot joke about policeman for the same reason. Or blondes. Or elderly. Or kids. Or anyone anytime whatsoever. We are bunch of white rose sissies who feel offended all the time and need protection in "safe spaces" from internet, males, white people, hetero, etc etc etc... nicely done.

Today I have posted same things (about my love status) in loveshack forum., Not a single comment of type "you are alcoholic and you need clinical help". Not a single one. I never insulted anyone here, I just stated that is is not healthy to think of people this way and for that I was accused ridiculing users and insulting them...

I never insulted anyone but now I am going to: Honestly, I just think you are a bunch of bitter, depressed elders with too much time on your hands and too little direction or meaning in life. Bored worthless fool.

And now I feel like a fool too I ever took you seriously. But than, in my culture we do value elderly and their opinion but as I can see, in your culture it might be a mistake. I returned here for a single reason that I believed I might find some wisdom in elderly community. And I found junk.

Ban me, I don't care. I am leaving you alone with your misery.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 05:37 pm
Quote:

I never insulted anyone but now I am going to: Honestly, I just think you are a bunch of bitter, depressed elders with too much time on your hands and too little direction or meaning in life. Bored worthless fool.

Damn, you described me to a T. You must know me.
Panoramix

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 05:46 pm
@coluber2001,
I was referring mostly to people from my topic who led the conversation the way they led it

https://able2know.org/topic/462828-1

As for you, I saw you only here and I see your attitude and opinions as pretty reasonable.
coluber2001

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 05:54 pm
@Panoramix,
Thanks, I try to be reasonable, and if I can't I use humor. But, I don't usually attack people, because I don't like being attacked, and I ignore negative people.
Panoramix

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 06:06 pm
@coluber2001,
I came here to this forum first with a very bad mood to search maybe for some empathy or at least some reasonable feedback. I found only hate and bashing. When I opposed that taking people for drunk addicts, mentally sick just based on one post/thread is wrong approach, they accused me of insulting them. Aside other things. Look at EhBeth post, she is basically telling me she comes from culture superior to mine. Do I need to explain anything more?

I am simply disappointed. I came here for the exact reason to consult with elders to find some wisdom. I found mostly sad entities. Only exception I can think of is IzzyThePush, he looks like a nice gentleman. All the rest from my thread I was able to identify... simply sad...

That's all from me. You look OK, as for the rest, it is a sad that people at brink of their life are reduced to this. I truly hope I will be better by that age and I will do my best for it.

Good luck to you and for the people relevant to this: use your several remaining years for some meaningful purpose. I wish you best luck and most success.

Peter.
coluber2001

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 06:19 pm
@Panoramix,
Please don't leave this site despite your bad experience. We desperately need people like you.
Agent1741

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 06:54 pm
Part of the problem with peoples diets are that to eat a healthy diet it costs a lot more money. Not only that but some will pick convienience foods because of there busy schedule, it much easier to get something at a drive through than cook at home & if healthier choices are not an option (price or availability etc) then we know what they may well eat. There is also a myth that diet drinks are better than non diet BUT in truth this is not so. Body shaming is terrible we should not let society dictate body image.
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2018 10:58 pm
@Panoramix,
Hi Peter,

There's a saying that Youth is wasted on the young. The reasoning behind that is experience has bashed us upside the head and now we're wiser for it. So we hand down useful, practical knowledge and it's up to you to take it and use it at your discretion.

The thing is, every whimsical thought you have does not have to pass through your lips. Sure, people are fat. Do they know it? Yes. Do they want to hear it? Not from you, pal.

You're dragging your problems from one thread to another, It's ok to not like fat people, it's your thing and that's ok. What isn't ok is to lord it over people's heads as if you're oh so much better than the rest of us. We all have problems.

We all seek our own equilibrium at our own time and place. Seriously, you can't help me with my problems and I can't help you with yours. I can offer advise that seems silly to you and I can guaranty you there is no way you'd understand my life, my experiences or my choices.

That's just where we are. Standing in our own place, looking for answers. I had answers when I were young, now it's mostly more questions that I have no idea what the answer is, let alone what the question was in the first place.

I've learned from 10 year olds, they are simply amazing and hopeful. I've learned from an 86 yr old Jamaican immigrant who is still alive and kicking as much as the day she set her foot on American soil. And I'm learning from you, that men are just as nervous about dating as women.

So go easy on yourself and even more so on others. You just never know where Life is going to end up.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 19 Jun, 2018 01:18 pm
@Panoramix,
Nobody is to blame for their indoctrinated affairs.
Plato's cave...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 12 Jul, 2018 06:12 pm
@Panoramix,
Panoramix wrote:

What we are allowed to tell such individuals regarding their health? Are we even able to criticize them?

Are you a doctor? if not keep your trap shut.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2018 08:31 am
@coluber2001,
NO - REMEMBER THIS:

YOUR "DESPERATION" is EXACTLY what DESPERATE people DO NOT require.

None of you 'GET IT'.

You are too busy 'being' desperate to understand desperation.

0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2018 10:26 pm
shaming is just bullying with another handle. all bullying is simply hatred and should be illegal
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/23/2024 at 06:05:59