Woman uses sperm to get pregnant. Man sues.

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 08:34 am
Wish there was some way to prove it. Maybe if she comes up with something showing he knew about the pregnancy -- an email, maybe.

Because in classic he said/ she said fashion, that's what the other party would say. If the guy's a dork and wants to weasel out however he can, he'd make up this ludicrous story. If the woman's a psycho and really did it and is about to get in trouble, of course the above is the story she'd tell.

I tend to agree with theantibuddha that one makes a lot more sense than the other, but who knows?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 08:38 am
One way to find out is to determine whether saliva kills sperm -- in a quick Google search I found lots of "saliva can kill sperm" but no "saliva always kills sperm" (yet.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 02:18 pm
What a researcher.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Tue 1 Mar, 2005 11:06 pm
sozobe wrote:
One way to find out is to determine whether saliva kills sperm -- in a quick Google search I found lots of "saliva can kill sperm" but no "saliva always kills sperm" (yet.)

No, Saliva doesn't always kill sperm. However it would at least damage it somewhat and unless she kept a turkey baster in the bathroom she couldn't reinsert it with the same degree of perfection that the penis is designed to give it a massive head start. Then considering that by this point several minutes have probably passed during which their power supply has diminished....

Let's face it, that sperm has a lot of disadvantages to overcome. While it may be possible, particularly if she was doing that often over the course of six months, it would certain reduce the chances of a pregnancy by a great degree.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:39 am
For another take on this issue: When Oral Sex Results in a Pregnancy: Can Men Ever Escape Paternity Obligations?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:03 am
That is an interesting article, joefromchicago. It might be a good idea for some company to develop a male birth control pill!

The article made me wonder what might happen, say, if a couple used IVF and stored some embryos. They later divorce but the woman wants another child and has one of the embroys implanted without the ex-husband's knowledge.

Would he still be responsible for supporting the child financially?

Or, what if the mother died early in the child's life.

Would he have to assume custody and full support of the child?

Would he have to assume
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:07 am
So this is one case where someone won't be kidding when they tell the kid "you should have been swallowed."

Nice.
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:13 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Something funny like always

Am I the only one who has noticed just how great slappy doo hoo is?

No, of course not. He noticed that ages ago Wink
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 12:57 pm
Slappy is a riot!
ALWAYS! ;-)

So, lets say this woman did just that.. she ran into the bathroom after oral sex, managed to keep a turkey baster/plastic syringe or what EVER , on hand, injected the sperm into her and got pregnant.

I have 2 questions..

1) Did this man NOT notice she kept her mouth closed RIGHT after oral sex... then dissappeared for LONGER then it takes to just ' rinse out her mouth?"

2) Why isnt there a psych eval done on her if this is the arguement? If he TRULY did not have physical sexual intercourse ( in my mind oral sex IS.. but Confused ) and she is CLAIMING he got her pregnant, can there NOT be a psych eval done on her? Or on him for that matter? Is this case not important enough to add in some information that will help either side with thier credability? Or is that too far off?
0 Replies

theantibuddha

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2005 11:52 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
1) Did this man NOT notice she kept her mouth closed RIGHT after oral sex... then dissappeared for LONGER then it takes to just ' rinse out her mouth?"

He just came... there's only a moderate chance he's still awake, let alone Sherlock Holmes. Wink
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 01:39 am
theantibuddha wrote:
shewolfnm wrote:

He just came... there's only a moderate chance he's still awake, let alone Sherlock Holmes. Wink

LOL!!!!!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2005 02:56 pm
Huh.

Having two pages back thought the other way, I am presently believing the woman because of my skepticism about pregnancy in the manner the fellow describes, for reasons theantibuddha mentioned re nonoptimal conditions for sperm. Could be wrong though.

Trying to figure out how in this situation one could prove one didn't have intercourse...
0 Replies

Prof Bates

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 08:49 am
Choice
--> ...women have to do the 9-month and childbearing thing

'Have to'? Not anymore they don't. It's a 'choice' where I live.
0 Replies

serenagirl

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 10:05 pm
I am her daughter, and she is the nicest, sweetest, kindest, and most caring woman I know. and she is nowhere near a bad person.
Ceili

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2011 11:25 pm
@serenagirl,
Aww man. Awkward.
If you are her daughter, and I'm not saying you're not, I'm sorry you had to read that. I'm sorry your private family history became public knowledge. Your mother is all the things you've said. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
This must have been hard for you to read. Know that the vast majority of people on this site are good people, talking about a case of law and didn't mean to hurt you or your family.
Regardless, I think a hard lesson can be learned from this... sadly, that innuendo can hurt and children grow up. You can also take heart that the vast majority of people who heard about the lawsuit, have forgotten about it as well. Just as this thread was buried.
Again, I hope you can put this behind you. You sound like a really smart, caring and loving person. Your mom has done a great job!

0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 09:50 am
I say we heed the wisdom of the founding fathers and seek guidance in the Constitution.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 07:33 pm
@dyslexia,
Doesn 't EVERYBODY ?
0 Replies