Monsanto name to become Bayer

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 03:55 pm
Johns Hopkins study suggests medical errors are third-leading cause of death in U.S.
Physicians advocate for changes in how deaths are reported
ByVanessa McMains / Published May 3, 2016
Analyzing medical death rate data over an eight-year period, Johns Hopkins patient safety experts have calculated that more than 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error in the U.S. Their figure, published May 3 in The BMJ, surpasses the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's third leading cause of death—respiratory disease, which kills close to 150,000 people per year.
https://hub.jhu.edu/2016/05/03/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 04:18 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Topical silver (used on the skin) has some appropriate medical uses, such as in bandages and dressings to treat burns, skin wounds, or skin infections. It’s also in medicines to prevent conjunctivitis (an eye condition) in newborns. However, there are no legally marketed prescription or over-the-counter drugs containing colloidal silver that are taken by mouth.

You are being deliberately misleading. There are medical uses for permethrin (which is a toxic insecticide) too. No would suggest ingesting the stuff. There are also medical uses for gamma radiation. So what?

The NCCIH (i.e. the scientific establishment... the part of the NIH that
works with the science of alternative medicine) says

NCCIH wrote:
Silver has no known function or benefits in the body when taken by mouth.
Silver is not a nutritionally essential mineral or a useful dietary supplement.

You reject this scientific finding (backed by numerous studies), don't you.

Business concerns conduct their own "scientific" tests, with a predetermined outcome, very often. How else do you think all those medications that kill or cause suicide get approved?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 04:22 pm
Do ya see how it's done now, glenn? He can't help being what he is.
Glennn

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 04:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, maybe he's out digging up the science that was called for.
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 04:51 pm
@edgarblythe,
And hey, here's some good news concerning silver:

http://www.thesilveredge.com/first-ever-colloidal-silver-human-ingestion-safety-study.shtml#.Wx2rbfZFzIV

http://www.thesilveredge.com/clots.shtml#.Wx2povZFzIU
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 04:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
Your conspiracy theory makes no sense.

Scientists are also telling people to get more exercise, eat less sugar and to eat fruits and vegetables. Science promotes all of these things because they have real health benefits in spite of the fact they don't benefit the evil pharmaceutical industry.

Not to mention that the scientific institutions you are attacking are still developing new cures to diseases that were untreatable.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:07 pm
@maxdancona,
You are attacking scientists because you don't like the science. Everyone who rejects science does this. Creationists attack geologists and paleontologists. Climate Change Deniers attack meteorologists and physicists. You guys have very similar conspiracy theories to discredit science you don't like; the scientists are corrupted by pharmaceutical companies, or atheists, or liberal ecologists.

It is the ideology tail wagging the fact dog. You are rejecting science because it contradicts your ideological beliefs... and then inventing a conspiracy narrative to justify it.
Kolyo

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:22 pm
@maxdancona,
It's not a conspiracy theory.

Conspiracies involve elaborate secret plans.

In the case of corrupted scientists, there doesn't have to be any kind of elaborate conspiracy. If Evil Corp execs tell the world that a drug is safe, and next week they ask me to study it to see whether it's safe, then I already know what answer they want. They don't have to tell me.

Conspiracies are rare, but so are people who have the courage to tell the emperor he isn't wearing any clothes. Yes men are the norm.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:23 pm
@maxdancona,
I don't attack science, ever. Just con men and the like.
Kolyo

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:27 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Not to mention that the scientific institutions you are attacking are still developing new cures to diseases that were untreatable.

They develop bankrupting never-ending treatments to diseases that could be curable.

Curing diseases isn't lucrative; treating them can make you billions.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:30 pm
@Glennn,

If colloidal silver was ineffective or unsafe, I would have paid the price long ago. I have used it daily for at least 20 years. It not only is harmless, it heals many things for the cost of water that people pay for repeatedly over the counter or by prescriptions. They make billions off of unnecessary over the counter products. A few times I have drank entire bottles of it when I felt there was cause to do so. But be careful if you use it. Some brands of c silver are not pure c silver.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:31 pm
@Kolyo,
You will have to ask Edgar whether his conspiracy theories involve elaborate secret plans. The idea that any scientific result that you don't like can be attributed to "Evil Corp" is wrong.

The Scientific establishment has built in ways to prevent "Evil Corp" scientists from being the arbiters of science. Good science (including research on GMOs and colloidal silver) is repeatable and peer reviewed. It not done by "Evil Corp", the scientific establishment looks at a body of evidence from a variety of sources. We have public and private institutions. We have respected journals. We have Universities and Hospitals.

The scientific establishment is demonstrably successful at curing diseases, improving health and developing new treatments.

Edgar is pushing conspiracy theories when he attacks scientists this way.
roger

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:32 pm
@Glennn,
Presented by www.TheSilverEdge.com
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't attack science, ever. Just con men and the like.

You are being silly. You are referring to scientists as "con men" right after you say you "don't attack science ever".

How do you attack scientists and scientific institutions without attacking science.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 05:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If colloidal silver was ineffective or unsafe, I would have paid the price long ago. I have used it daily for at least 20 years. It not only is harmless, it heals many things for the cost of water that people pay for repeatedly over the counter or by prescriptions.

People have made the exact same argument about smoking...
maporsche

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 06:21 pm
@maxdancona,
My grandmother has smoked a pack a day for over 60 years she's 75 and still kicking along just fine.

She's overweight (almost obese) and hasn't exercised in probably 40 years.

I suppose that means that smoking, eating too much crap food and sitting on your ass is the key to a long life.

Aren't anecdotes fun? I have no reason to believe Edgar is lying, and I know I'm telling the truth...crazy huh?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 06:31 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:
They develop bankrupting never-ending treatments to diseases that could be curable.

Curing diseases isn't lucrative; treating them can make you billions.

there is something to this when you look at where research money goes - and the enormous difference in treatment protocols between countries (and then you examine who pays for the meds in each country)

0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 06:43 pm
@roger,
Your link doesn't work.

But here. Whudeeya got on these guys:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nn900277t
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 06:46 pm
@maxdancona,
No they haven't, you liar.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2018 06:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Scientists are people, not saints or necessarily geniuses. Some are beyond reproach, some sell out, like anybody else. Some are confused, like a certain somebody on this thread.