Ill call a raise on the dumba**. Take a bite outta this :

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 02:45 pm
Quote:
Blind Man Who Bit Guide Dog Charged
February 24, 2005 3:23 PM EST

EDINBURGH, Scotland - A blind man who allegedly bit his guide dog has been charged with animal cruelty.

David Todd is accused of sinking his teeth into the animal's head in a busy street, Scottish police said Thursday.

A police spokesman said: "Any attack on a defenseless animal, particularly one trained to help people, is appalling."

An eyewitness reported seeing the 34-year-old bite the dog and kick it repeatedly at a shopping mall on Feb. 8, a spokeswoman for Lothian and Borders Police said.

Officers arrested the suspect on Feb. 10 and charged him with animal cruelty and breach of the peace, the spokeswoman said.

Police took the Labrador/retriever mix into protective care and handed it to the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.

Colin Gallagher, a district team manager for the association, said: "This is the first case of its kind I have known of in 11 years in this job."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 982 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 02:59 pm
I saw some wretched old bitch screaming at and slapping her guide dog last summer. Poor thing just stood there.

I would have gotten my car and run her over, but I wouldn't have wanted to hurt the dog.
0 Replies

Newt

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:23 am
Slappy, why didn't you report it immediately???

Newt
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:26 am
What the hell??? That animal knows nothing else but to protect and love it's owner and when an owner takes advantage of that...ooooo, makes me ill.
Someone should take a bite outta him.
0 Replies

dancingnancy

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 01:02 pm
Makes me ill too -- esp given how well trained, loyal, etc those guide dogs are (and frankly most dogs in general
0 Replies