Man: Noble Beast?

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 06:13 pm
Two carpet installers had just loaded their truck, ready to motor to the home office, the day about done. The taller one had his hand on something at the end of the truck bed, some final task to do before he could get in and fire the engine. A small black pick up rolled in and paused a moment, wanting the space next to the carpet truck. When the carpet layer did not immediately get out of the way, the man in the pick up tooted his horn. Then he gave it the gas. The carpet man had to scramble for his life.
"I would have run him over if he didn't get out of the way," the pick up driver told me as he bounced out, slamming the door behind him.
This same individual had recently argued with the woman he was dating. He was laughing, telling the story; how he shot her with a taser gun, then went out and broke her car window.
I would love to take the guy out back and pound him, but for more reasons than I care to give, it's not a practical option. Needless to say, I have been stressed all afternoon, because unable to put it behind me.
I find it hard to believe in man's inate nobility when such as he roams freely. Many of the same character types become leaders or rulers. Fortunately, this guy's sphere of influence cannot stretch out like that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 516 • Replies: 0
No top replies