The Flat-Earth Society

husker

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:24 pm
these guys crack me up! http://www.flat-earth.org/platygaea/faq.html

Quote:
Can ships be 'lost' at the edge of the Earth?
Yes, at least in places where there are no mountains preventing this from occurring. The edge of the Earth is, in places a tremendous waterfall, and anything going over the edge will disappear into the aether. This can also happen to aircraft which fly off the edge.

Quote:
7. Does this mean that the Middle Corner is at the North Pole?
Not necessarily. It may be anywhere in the northern part of the Earth.
8. What is, then, at the south pole?
The Edge of the World. It is surrounded, at least in places, by a huge mountain range.

Quote:
This FAQ was compiled by Lee Harvey Oswald Smith, KSC EMF, Chairperson dei gratia, Flat Earth Society, with the assistance of members of the Society and independent researchers; last updated: 43 Cfn 3163

Quote:
While the Society is not a "crackpot" group, it is opposed to the fashionable, politically correct Spherical Earth theory, which is expounded every day by so-called "scientists", the media and political leaders. The Society asserts that the Earth is flat and has five sides, that all places in the Universe named Springfield are merely links in higher-dimensional space to one place, and that all assertions are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true false and meaningless in some sense.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 753 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:28 pm
and the problem with this is?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:29 pm
Quote:
that all places in the Universe named Springfield are merely links in higher-dimensional space to one place, and that all assertions are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true false and meaningless in some sense.

Ever notice how many Soap Opera's take place in Springfield?

For this reason alone, I think I might have to agree that the earth is indeed flat.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 08:32 pm
this says it all for me Laughing

Quote:
all assertions are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true false and meaningless in some sense.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2005 11:33 am
husker wrote:
this says it all for me Laughing

Quote:
all assertions are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true false and meaningless in some sense.

And Idaho and North Dakota don't exist. But Corner #3 is Definitely on Easter Island Smile
0 Replies