Screen colour in widescreen TV

neilh27

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 02:29 pm
I've had a widescreen TV for about 5 years and recently the picture has been very blue. No matter how much I try to adjust contrast, colour, brightness etc, it is to no avail.

Is this something that can be fixed or should I cut my losses and buy a new TV?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 624 • Replies: 2
No top replies

fishin

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:24 pm
Change to a channel that isn't showing pics of the sky. Wink

Umm.. seriously, none of us can troubleshoot your TV on-line for you and you haven't listed a whole lot of info for anyone to work with here.

It's possible that you've lost the red or green gun in the TV and it could be replaced if that is the case but you really need to contact a local service rep to find out what that would cost and then decide if it's worth fixing or not. Call around and see what local shops charge for repair estimates in your area.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2005 04:40 pm
If it's five years old, I'd consider replacing it. TV technology has changed so much that, if you can afford it, you should upgrade.

Make sure to buy a widescreen HD ready television with as many inputs as possible (including DVI and HDMI). You don't have to spend a ton of money either. I bought a 46" Sony almost two years ago and paid $1500. We love it. Once you go HD you'll never go back.
0 Replies