Atlas Shrugged Ebook ?

plum

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:36 pm
It suprised me that Google couldn't find any ebook versions of Atlas Shrugged but my guess is that it exists. (and it should )

Does anybody have it ?

Adrian

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 07:46 pm
Why would the copyright holder give it away for free when so many people still buy it?
0 Replies

plum

Reply Sun 20 Feb, 2005 08:48 pm
Somehow, a version of "The Fountainhead" exists.
Anyway, I read the book, I just need an ebook version for a different purpose.

Btw, did we just celebrate her 100th birthday ? It raises a question that who hold the copyright of her book now ?
0 Replies

Grieg

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 12:33 pm
Quote:
Btw, did we just celebrate her 100th birthday ? It raises a question that who hold the copyright of her book now ?

Most likely Leonard Peikoff who heads the Ayn Rand Institute. Ayn turned everything over to him to benefit the Institute AFAIK. Atlas Shrugged still sells quite well, the last I heard.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 01:02 pm
Whoever holds the copyright to Atlas Shrugged should release it to the public domain as a service to humanity.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 01:40 pm
Could not find the Fountainhead, or Atlas Shrugged, but for Rand aficionados out there, you can download "Anthem", for $6.99.

http://www.wordclix.com/WORDclix_Catalogue/book.asp?bookid=1039&book_name=Anthem
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:21 am
I'm pretty sure that itunes has an electronic copy.
0 Replies

swaroopgururaj

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 11:50 pm
Where is John Galt?
ebrown_p wrote:
Whoever holds the copyright to Atlas Shrugged should release it to the public domain as a service to humanity.

Hey Mr. ebrown_p.. its a shame u should be speaking of 'services' n 'charity' after reading Atlas Shrugged! Thats the whole centre of the book- NEED is not the criterion for HAVING.. what say guys..
0 Replies

crucifixation

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 01:55 pm
Re: Where is John Galt?
swaroopgururaj wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

Hey Mr. ebrown_p.. its a shame u should be speaking of 'services' n 'charity' after reading Atlas Shrugged! Thats the whole centre of the book- NEED is not the criterion for HAVING.. what say guys..

yeh totally agree
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:00 pm
Rand's Atlas Shrugged as well as Rand's Anthem, both as ebooks, for 4,99 $ each from ebooks.com
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:02 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

Either that, or obliterate it . . . which would be a much greater service . . .
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:11 pm
Oh Setanta, I wouldn't say that.

I still have a fond place in my heart for Atlas Shrugged from my early teen years.

I have long since outgrown the philosophy...But, as far as dogmatic speeches go, the speech on money is one of the best.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:12 pm
Hey, was that another one a them gratuitous slurs against dogs . . .
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:29 pm
crucifixation wrote:
swaroopgururaj wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

yeh totally agree

whoever has the copyright should squeeze every last nickel out of that copyright, in keeping with Ms. Rand's veneration of self-interest and capitalism.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:43 pm
crucifixation wrote:
swaroopgururaj wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

yeh totally agree

Do I need to explain ironic humor to y'all...

nah, that would just ruin it.

<<but I thought it was funny>>
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:49 pm
Atlas Shrugged is not a book to be tossed aside lightly, as Dorothy Parker said.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 02:54 pm
She also said that you can lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think--perhaps she had Miss Rand in mind . . . Rand was doin' fine when she was a newspaper photographer, she seriously deluded herself, however, when she decided she could write (all her stuff is third-rate melodramatic crap), and even more when she decided she had original ideas to peddle.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:07 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Rand's Atlas Shrugged as well as Rand's Anthem, both as ebooks, for 4,99 $ each from ebooks.com

Walter- The reference you cited is an E Book of a "Cliff's Notes" of Atlas Shrugged. Cliff's notes are guides to literature for students who don't want to work to hard to really learn a piece of literature, so it's spoon fed to them.

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:14 pm
oops, sorry.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Aug, 2005 03:27 pm
http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/LitNote/id-7.html

Cliff's notes are a way to get to know about a work, without ever reading it.