What is the best red wine?

mark noble

Wed 16 May, 2018 04:07 am
@izzythepush,
You do understand that the introduction of alcohol into a living organism Does Not bode well for that organism's optimum function?

Popularising 'favourite' brands or vineyards - Popularises the process.
I'm all for alcohol use - for medicinal purposes - But no longer side with it's use otherwise (Self-indulgence).

Any other living thing can do unto itself - As it so chooses.
I asked, Cic, if he was aware of 'as above'. And, needlessly, infered a reference to his avatar - Which I have been made aware of and chosen to dissolve myself of doing so, needlessly, forthwith.

Did you evolve in any positive way today? (Notice the absence of any 'suffixed' inference, Here?)

namaste
izzythepush

Wed 16 May, 2018 04:29 am
@mark noble,
I understand perfectly. You have the self righteous, sanctimonious fervour that comes with teetotalism and being a reformed alcoholic.

Some of us can drink responsibly and because you can't you take in on yourself to spoil everyone else's fun by telling them what to do.

Son, never trust a man who doesn’t drink because he’s probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They’re the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They’re usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they’re a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can’t trust a man who’s afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It’s damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he’s heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

James Crumley
cicerone imposter

Wed 16 May, 2018 01:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Been there, done that! I was in the USAF back in the late 1950's. A buddy of mine got me started drinking by taking me to the px bar, and buying me a beer. He would tell me just to take a few sips, and leave the rest. Not too long after that, I got my marching orders for a one year assignment in Morocco, at Ben Guerir AFB, about 40 miles north of Marrakech. On my flight layover in NYC, some of us went to Coney Island and drank beer all day. I had an assignment the following morning at the BOQ, but I was sicker than a dog, and had to go to the toilet to dry heave. The sergeant in charge knew what I was going through, and he excused me when any officer came in to check in. During my one year in Morocco, I became a regular at the beer hall with some buddies. When I returned to the states, I was broken in, and drank like the rest of the gang. We also drank a lot of wine. I think most of it was Italian chablis with the bottle wrapped in straw.
0 Replies

chambergirl

Wed 16 May, 2018 03:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think that different occasions call for different wines...That said some are my favorites are

Red - Roco 2014 Gravel Road Pinot Noir
White - La Crema, Chardonnay

Both don't break the bank and taste incredible.
cicerone imposter

Wed 16 May, 2018 05:02 pm
@chambergirl,
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll put it on my list. I now have 25 bottles of wine with some in a cooler at 55 degrees.
0 Replies

maporsche

Thu 17 May, 2018 10:36 am
Turns out, the price of wine while having little-to-no effect on the objective blind-tasting of wine does have an effect on whether or not you as an individual who knows the price perceives the wine to taste. This is true of professional wine tasters as well.

Good podcast here:

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/freakonomics-radio-do-more-expensive-wines-taste-better/

So, CI, to answer your question...evidence shows that the more you pay for the wine (assuming you know the price you pay) the more you will enjoy it.
cicerone imposter

Thu 17 May, 2018 03:38 pm
@maporsche,
I think the highest price I paid for a bottle of wine in a restaurant was around $40. This was some decades ago. I only consume one glass of the house wine, usually cab or merlot which costs around $7-$11.
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 19 May, 2018 07:08 am
@izzythepush,
The 'alcoholic-thingy' - I explained - Never was, sorry.
I use alcohol, medicinally.

I never told anyone 'what to do' - I enquired into their understanding of...

Justify 'your' (some of us) actions as you see fit
I don't care.

Just asking questions for my research - And along came you.
namaste
izzythepush

Sat 19 May, 2018 07:46 am
@mark noble,
Don't hide behind semantics, you came on here to scold and harangue.

I've already said that I can't drink red wine, but that doesn't stop me wanting others to enjoy it.

You don't want to drink, fine start your own thread on the evils of alcohol, but leave those who enjoy red wine in peace.
mark noble

Sat 19 May, 2018 08:01 am
@izzythepush,
But 'social-behaviour', psychology and 'habits' are of interest to me.
You 'want' others to enjoy red wine?

I don't care what 'others' do.
I am interested in why 'they' do things - That's why I ask.
Noone 'HAS' to respond.

namaste
izzythepush

Sat 19 May, 2018 12:09 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I don't care what 'others' do.

But you care how they think, otherwise you wouldn't be running around in circles trying to explain yourself.
mark noble

Sat 19 May, 2018 12:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Yes - I am interested in thought-processes.
And the views of those who have them.

You are boring the bollux off me - Do you have a purpose for conversing with me - Or do you speak just to hear yourself?

izzythepush

Sat 19 May, 2018 12:41 pm
@mark noble,
Looks like I just hit a nerve.

At least you now know how everyone else feels.

Instead of the usual deranged sanctimonious bollocks you could try saying something of interest.
mark noble

Sat 19 May, 2018 01:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm only returning to this 'wine' thread because it 'reds' a new post - And you keep 'whining' - Because 22 people kicking a ball on a field is VITAL to your reality - And I'm an easy target for your predictive (Kickyball) inadequacies.

LOL.
CHELSEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
izzythepush

Sat 19 May, 2018 01:08 pm
@mark noble,
All threads do that when someone replies. Not everyone feels compelled to answer though.
mark noble

Sat 19 May, 2018 01:10 pm
@izzythepush,
I do.

CHELSEAAAAAAAAA!!!
0 Replies

Agent1741

Tue 12 Jun, 2018 09:59 pm
A subject that I know a great deal about. "Best red wine" is somewhat an ambiguous term though. Its not unreasonable to say that those that are typically known as the finest wines (red) are French. Wines like Chateau mouton Rothschild, Ch Le Pez, if the chateau released a vintage then its considered that it will be good. White wines do not keep as well nor do they need to be kept for years until they are "ready". Some however do have some rarity due to there volume of production such as Cloudy Bay . My favourites are Barrollo Frontanfreda (Italian Red) Menetou Salon (white French) Pinio Griggio (Italian white) Brown Brothers Orange & Flora Muscat (Sauternes from N Zealand), Laurrent Perrier Rose Champagne (Champagne has to come from the champagne region of France, no where else). Big fan of Penfolds (Australia) wines also.
cicerone imposter

Sun 17 Jun, 2018 11:58 am
@Agent1741,
Most of us need to watch the cost as well as the quality. Some even qualifies "two buck chuck" as acceptable with a high rating. Also, as a resident of California, we have great wines produced in Napa-Sonoma and Lodi with high quality. Here's a sample to "the best of California wines." https://www.foodandwine.com/articles/the-buyers-guide-to-75-of-the-best-california-wines
tsarstepan

Sun 19 Aug, 2018 03:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
https://imgur.com/keyDYl5.jpg
Finishing up this sparkling red wine I got from the Fingerlakes of NY a couple of months ago.

Really good stuff.
cicerone imposter

Sun 19 Aug, 2018 07:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
Went to Amardillo Willy's for dinner, and had the baby back ribs with a glass of merlot. It wasn't as rich as I'm used to.
0 Replies