A spontaneous A2K gathering in Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:17 am
It was all CowDoc's fault. A spontaneous gathering of A2K members in Albuquerque occurred last night. CowDoc was in town for a convention and we managed to get the elite group together.

Dinner in a restaurant gave us a chance to talk. CowDoc is a big hunk of a man from Idaho. He brought another convention attendee with him, whom we all liked. She will be joining A2K after we bullied her into joining.

Foxfyre and her husband attended. It was such fun to meet the woman with whom we've been having political debates and to discover that she is a really nice person.

Diane was in Connecticut, so she couldn't join us. One of her son's was in the hospital---and you know mothers. But Dyslexia was there in exceptionally good form. Dys drove me to the dinner because my right foot was acting up. He used Diane's PT Cruiser because he knew I couldn't get my lame leg in his red Porsche. Thank you Dys.

Asherman and Natalie picked the restaurant and we all had a great time.

We didn't have time to notify Roger so he could drive down to ABQ. Sorry about that Roger.

We must do this more often.

BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 817 • Replies: 16
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:19 am
( whimpering )
I want to move back home so bad.
I would love to attend spontanious gatherings and initiate them myself.
Glad you had fun!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:19 am
Wow, thanks for the summary! Foxfyre and Dys in the same room, THAT I'd love to see. :-)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:22 am
Sozobe
Sozobe, just to be safe, Foxfyre and Dys sat at opposite ends of the table.

Foxfyre discovered that Dys is a gentle soul and harmless as long as you don't steal his Stetson.

BBB
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:27 am
CowDoc
CowDoc is an interesting person, a retired large animal veterinarian. He is now in forest service management trying to provide fire protection service in spite of frustrating Bush funding budget cuts. With so little money, they must rely mostly on volunteers. You have to be a good manager to make that work and CowDoc is doing a good job.

BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:29 am
sozobe wrote:
Wow, thanks for the summary! Foxfyre and Dys in the same room, THAT I'd love to see. :-)

from a distance with a bullett proof vest... Shocked

hehehe..
Im glad to hear they got along!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:36 am
Shewold
shewolfnm wrote:
( whimpering )
I want to move back home so bad.
I would love to attend spontanious gatherings and initiate them myself.
Glad you had fun!

You wouldn't recognize the West side of the Rio Grande. The developers are going crazy building new homes. We are even having severe rush hour traffic problems. How this high desert area can provide water to all these new residents is a mystery to me.

BBB
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 01:20 pm
Rats! A missed opportunity to meet Cowdoc and Foxfyre.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 01:42 pm
Roger
Roger, I'm sorry too. Asherman gave us only one day's notice without a definite site and time. It's a miracle that we were able to get anything organized on such short notice. I wasn't even sure I could attend because my right foot was really hurting and my mobility was severely restricted, but I managed with Dys' help.

Of course, we can put another gathering together this year, to which you will be invited with great fanfare.

BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 01:45 pm
The desert area CANT provide that water, that is the problem. The aquafers ( sp?) , last I knew of, were running so short they were looking into a water pipeline from somewhere else to support the city.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 01:53 pm
roger wrote:
Rats! A missed opportunity to meet Cowdoc and Foxfyre.

You should have come last week over here: so it was only McTag and I making tours through the country: mining museum, canal ship museum, marine mueum, East Frisian coast, Westphalian medieval towns, ...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 05:29 pm
In spite of popular opinion I don't have horns nor do I have 666 tattooed on my forehead.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 07:57 pm
<too much>

I never imagined dys might body slam Foxfyre were they to meet at a dinner.

I don't think dys or Foxfyre imagined it either.

Is it really surprising they didn't engage in fisticuffs?

Ain't they just peoples?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 08:00 pm
Oh.

But before I thought that, I thought it was nice you all had such a good time.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:16 pm
Asherman and I (the resident conservatives) are safely on opposite sides of the river from those crazy liberals (BBB, Dys, Diane) and no, no bullet proof vests needed. Cowdoc and the nice lady from Idaho (whom I suspect will be joining us here on A2K--she was very interested) were great dinner companions and warm, interesting, and immediate friends.

BBB is a lovely lady with her bum foot and all and it was like we were old friends right off. Ash and Mrs. Ash are more fun that you can imagine--not at all as serious and conservative as one might think from some of Ash's writings.

As for Dys's horns and 666 tattoo....well, it was night and he was wearing his leather jacket and Stetson so. . . .naw, I doubt seriously he has any. Smile He was exactly what I was expecting and a nice guy; possible to be friends in real life. Here on the Forum, well, we'll see. Smile
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Feb, 2005 11:30 pm
Thanks, Walter. I'll take the thought for the deed.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Fri 18 Feb, 2005 12:06 am
We did miss you at the Albuquerque gathering Roger. Maybe next time it will work out.
0 Replies