Annoyed by nudity in Movies?

Abigail May

Reply Wed 2 May, 2018 09:00 pm
@Real Music,
they call me a sock and tell me to go away
maxdancona

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 06:29 am
@Abigail May,
They call me a misogynist, a rape apologist, a liar, a moron and a White Supremacist. I would say you are getting off easy.

Ignore it, or go somewhere safer.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 3 May, 2018 08:34 am
@summerlily72,
summerlily72 wrote:

Whats the deal with nudity in movies?

Sex sells.

summerlily72 wrote:

I dont like nudity in mvies but just about every movie has it. Whats the point in nude scenes?

The point is: Sex sells. As others have mentioned, that is the reason a very sexy woman such as Megan Fox could be seen 'checking' out the engine in a car at the start of the Transformers movie, for instance.

summerlily72 wrote:

On top of that all the girls are perfected they never have real life women with the flaws and it just makes them insecure and determined to look that way and feel worthless and ugly if they dont.

Yes, that is true. Actors, but most especially actresses, tend to be more beautiful than normal people. Which makes for some odd pairings in movies, where very beautiful women for some reason have a relationship with a man who is more average looking.

Unfortunately, almost every movie tends to have pretty actors and actresses in it. I think that being pretty helps land roles, and that in turn gives you both experience and a reputation in this business, which makes for leverage when you audition for a role with more substance which focuses less on how the actors look. Take for instance Matthew McConaughey in 'Dallas Buyers Club', or Charlize Theron in 'Monster'(I loved this one). In a way, you could see this as the actors rebuttal that they are cast because of their looks I suppose.

As for the feeling insecure and ugly... You've got to stand above that. It's not just actors and actresses that are beautiful, it's also models etc. And even in music pretty people seem to have an easier time of it than average looking people, I suppose. It's all skin deep, and so very, very superficial.

summerlily72 wrote:

I done mind if nudity is in some movies but my issue is when it is in every movie and how some try to make it shocking.

A lot of movies, certainly, but not every movie. Also, there are plenty of movies where the nudity isn't necessarily gratuitous, but serves a role or function.

If you really want to avoid gratuitous nudity, just read reviews of the movies before you go and watch them. Or stop watching movies altogether.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 06:14:06