Personalizing a2k personas.

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:32 am
no. it never says everything.
but it does sort of give you an ' idea'...
so saying it says ALOT.. well. i was wrong for that statement..
but i think the jest of my point is made. ?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:33 am
shewolfnm wrote:
no. it never says everything.
but it does sort of give you an ' idea'...
so saying it says ALOT.. well. i was wrong for that statement..
but i think the jest of my point is made. ?

did you just say you were wrong? Shocked

just kidding... :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:34 am
http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/crazy/newwer.gif

I just really like that little guy....he he he...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

hehehe
Embarrassed
yeah
0 Replies

Bella Dea

ooo, jinx! We posted at the exact same time!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:35 am
Dys, I think we can know each other here almost as well as in real life. Actually, come to think of it, there are fewer surprises.

"A white supremacist"??? Uh oh, that could only mean one thing. Noah (chip on my shoulder as big as the continent) the African must be back. <sigh> It's gonna be a loooooong day, folks.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:35 am
hehe
yes we did, but your avatar told me before you did.
:p
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:37 am
Yeah, Noah is back, and I got lured into reading some of that crap. I do not know why I bothered, it was so predictable
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:41 am
It is like a bad accident.....I don't want to look but I can't look away. It's terrible. Every time I post I know the response is going to be "RACIST!" "WHITE SUPREMICIST" "EVIL-DOER!" or something along those lines.

>>sigh<< I have to stay away from that thread. Must....stay....away....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:41 am
shewolfnm wrote:
hehe
yes we did, but your avatar told me before you did.
:p

The voice (I only have one) in my head told me you were posting at that exact time.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:51 am
There is antipathy and sympathy for certain members,
just like in real life. Why should it be any different here?
I tend to like people who I can identify with, others are so
far removed from my way of thinking, I wouldn't even
want to get down that road.

I have a picture of myself as avatar, because words can
be misunderstood at times (especially mine) and I hope, my smile would smooth things over Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 10:13 am
That's really you, Calamity? Wow! Hollywood's conception of 'the girl next door."
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 01:32 pm
msolga wrote:
You know, there are some A2Kers who I'm quite wary of interacting with, whatever the thread or topic ... A sharp or barbed rebuke, experienced a few times & not necessarily in debate, can make me very cautious. I may not feel I know them well, but I know enough ....

Sadly, this I have found to be quite true as well. I don't mind my opinions or ideas being debated, but to be openly disrespected by simply being here, as I have been, makes me very wary of interacting with some people. Sad
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 02:48 pm
Best comeback for being called a racist:

"I'm a wizard under the sheet... but hardly a racist."
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 02:54 pm
Good one, DrewDad. Everyone in Daytona Beach is a racist. Gentlemen, start your engines, and many have a checkered past.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:06 pm
Well, some have made judgements about me.
And I have made judgements about others by ... what they write, about what they post, etc.

Thus, I became personally friend with two members (actually that happened/started already at Abuzz <sniff>). [Quite funny, all the three wives say, we are sooooo similar.]

I'm posting under my real name, because (one reason) I don't have different opinions here than in real life, and there mine are already broadly known.

Could well be that avatars say a bit up to a lot about some members - but not mine: lighthouses have nothing to do with my love to the sea, my time as navigator in the navy ...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:14 pm
>snicker<

wow, your avatar is an exception Walter.
I would never guess you have even been to the open sea. Never seen a lighthouse..
none of it.
Nah.. not you.
;-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:18 pm
I've learned to trust my instincts.

I've met just over 30 A2K/Abuzz/Taunton posters in the past 4 years. The ones I "liked", I really liked when we met. The others, least said. hamburger and mrs. hamburger met an Abuzz (occasional A2K) poster on a trip - said she was JUST like one of my IRL friends. I wasn't surprised.

In spite of that, I don't think much about who most posters are IRL. Other than of course the ones who are part of my IRL experience.

Everyone else is just a part of my fantasy world Cool
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:40 pm
I would love to be present at the meeting between Mr. & Mrs. Hamburger, and Dill Pickle (Debacle).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 03:45 pm
Funny - that's one I've thought about as well, roger. And not just on a nutritional basis Laughing

Actually the combo of Dill Pickle, Merry A, you and hamburger intrigues me.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 06:37:01