Personalizing a2k personas.

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:40 pm
It has been brought to my attention that many a2ker's make substantial judgements about the real people that are behind their ak2 persona. It's my contention that this activity is stupid. I have, over the few years that I have been here (a2k) developed real life friendships with a number of a2ker's that has had zero bearing on their political/philosophical posts (nor the color of their hair). Is this awareness on my part imaginary or are there a large number of you a2ker's that are so petty so as to define other members in concrete with the scant knowledge that you might have gleaned by reading their posts? If so, I hope you keep in mind the values you display are significantly in conflict the values you pretend to. As Lady McBeth said "Have a nice day"
The Dys.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,853 • Replies: 66
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:45 pm
Ah, but you're assuming that any of us take that political/philosophical crap in any way seriously. Are you serious?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:50 pm
Re: Personalizing a2k personas.
dyslexia wrote:
It has been brought to my attention that many a2ker's make substantial judgements about the real people that are behind their ak2 persona.

I hope not. While I try to be as much "me" as possible while on A2K there is no way that I could possibly convey who I truly am simply by typing a few posts per day. I like to think I am much more fun than that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 03:52 pm
well Roger until recently I would have not taken this at all seriously having had numerous experiences showing the opposite. However, recently I have come across incidents that have made me rethink my previous understanding.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:04 pm
Were you in that black boys thread again?
Where everyone is either white or black?
Dys, we all know you are white.. except you that is. ;-)
Sheesh
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:13 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
dyslexia wrote:
It has been brought to my attention that many a2ker's make substantial judgements about the real people that are behind their ak2 persona.

I hope not. While I try to be as much "me" as possible while on A2K there is no way that I could possibly convey who I truly am simply by typing a few posts per day.

THANK YOU! I was told today that I was a white supremicist and a racist. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:15 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
THANK YOU! I was told today that I was a white supremicist and a racist. Rolling Eyes

You are aren't you???

Joking... just joking.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:15 pm
In real life, my measurements are 36-24-36.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:17 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

You are aren't you???

Joking... just joking.

well...I was under cover....thanks JP.... :wink:

I would never said I am not prejudice....everyone is to some degree....but man, it burned my ass to hear someone tell me I am racist against blacks.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:21 pm
I hear ya. That thread is a losing battle no matter what you say.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 04:26 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
I hear ya. That thread is a losing battle no matter what you say.

yeah I know.

Which is why I guess I have to remain "evil whitie" in his eyes. >>sigh<<

Oh well...not to hijack Dys' thread.... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:50 pm
Too late.
I kid, I kid.
Hey, I'm sure we cannot truly know a poster without looking that person square in the eye, putting a gun in their ribs and taking their cash.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 05:55 pm
It would be a huge mistake to think you know a person from what they choose to say here.

I wouldn't have thought this was actually done.

This is an interactive board game to some.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 07:48 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Too late.
I kid, I kid.
Hey, I'm sure we cannot truly know a poster without looking that person square in the eye, putting a gun in their ribs and taking their cash.

Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 07:51 am
I think you can know a person somewhat. I mean, personalities come out and it's easy to decide who you like and who you just don't get along with. The difference is that if you met these people on the street, you might have a totally different reaction to them. I think it's nice to have A2K friends. I like them for who I know them as on A2K. I try not to make huge assumptions or judgements because this is all in writing and it's hard to get the full effect of what people are saying sometimes. But either way, it's like you said Lash, this is a big game to some people. And it's fun! So why can't we all just get along!

I think the biggest problem is when people fight dirty. Disrespect and nastiness in a debate makes for a really bad perception.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 07:58 am
I think, what people forget in this forum is that with out facial expressions, body language, and the ability to hear vocal patterns, you never really know how someone is " reacting/ feeling' .
Expression in type is truly difficult. It is completely on the reader the assumption of the words to a post.
And because of that people misunderstand .
( ohhhhh i am not defending mr black!!! i tell you what! grrrrrrr!!! )

and no bella, we all know you like us colored folk. ;-)
hehehehhe
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:02 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I think, what people forget in this forum is that with out facial expressions, body language, and the ability to hear vocal patterns, you never really know how someone is " reacting/ feeling' .
Expression in type is truly difficult. It is completely on the reader the assumption of the words to a post.
And because of that people misunderstand .
( ohhhhh i am not defending mr black!!! i tell you what! grrrrrrr!!! )

and no bella, we all know you like us colored folk. ;-)
hehehehhe

I really like you....you know, and not in a friendly way....rrrrrrrr..... Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:05 am
( gasp )
so early in the morning.. and I have not even had my coffee, brushed my hair or teeth...
wow
Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:06 am
shewolfnm wrote:
( gasp )
so early in the morning.. and I have not even had my coffee, brushed my hair or teeth...
wow
Laughing

I like you like that....dragon breath and crazy lady from the attic hair....ooooo, I need a moment alone....
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:07 am
sometimes, dys, sometimes not. (marking)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Personalizing a2k personas.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 04:30:17