Personalizing a2k personas.

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:11 am
You certainly can tell SOME things about certain A2K people after reading their posts over a number of months & years. There are some who I've developed a great fondness & admiration for.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:13 am
Thanks, msolga.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:14 am
very true msolga.
there are things about a person , thier thought process, thier beliefs, thier ethics... that repeat themselves in thier posts and no matter what , they never change.
So minus the inability to ' hear and see ' someone, you can get to know them very well .
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:16 am
Did Msolga say Gustavratzenhofer, Gus? Huh?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:17 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Thanks, msolga.

A pleasure, Gus! :wink:
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:22 am
Roger, I dont think anyone can say that..

its too hard to pronounce.

Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:26 am
shewolfnm

Yes. And while you can't know people here as well as folk in "real life", you certainly can pick up attitudes to others, like courtesy or rudeness, say ... & identify folk who have similar interests & attitudes. There's a certain consistency, over time with some posters, that makes me feels I know them quite well.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:30 am
roger wrote:
Did Msolga say Gustavratzenhofer, Gus? Huh?

Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:31 am
Roger does not wear jealousy well.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:35 am
To a certain degree, people know each other better when there is no physical communication .
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:36 am
Unfortunatly, people also make assumptions based on things your write, your avatar, etc....I hate that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:42 am
You know, there are some A2Kers who I'm quite wary of interacting with, whatever the thread or topic ... A sharp or barbed rebuke, experienced a few times & not necessarily in debate, can make me very cautious. I may not feel I know them well, but I know enough ....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:53 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Roger does not wear jealousy well.

Gus does not wear anything well.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:54 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Unfortunatly, people also make assumptions based on things your write, your avatar, etc....I hate that.

Well, truthfully, a persons choice of avatar DOES speak a bit about the person behind it...

[size=7] you white gurl in a pink dress you![/size]
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 08:56 am
roger wrote:
Gus does not wear anything....

I didnt want to picture him naked...
really
I wanted to keep my breakfast down.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:01 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Well, truthfully, a persons choice of avatar DOES speak a bit about the person behind it...

Interesting...
Could you tell me more?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:04 am
Well, the way i see it, for example, i will use yours. francis.
Your avatar says to me that you are a dog lover.
Does that make it for CERTAIN? no.. but your avatar makes me think that. And there for, as bella said, and by total defination.. I have reached a conclusion about you because of your avatar..

make sence?

Im not saying an avatar is completely DEFINING, but it is a personalization that we create when we fly through the many avatars that are offered and pick one -we like- .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:07 am
Well, dys. To answer your original question.

I like the way some folks write. Even when they are a bit caustic, like Noah, I can see some redeeming feature. I find the best thing to do in a situation such as that, is to say your piece(in my case, peace) and leave.

I check out profiles of newbies, but I don't pay much attention to avatars any longer. After that thread about "Ode to the Avatar", I don't really get into that.

I'm like Msolga, however. When some poster says something unkind, I try and discern the why of it. As for changing my avatar. I don't want to do so because it's too much trouble.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:09 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

hey, nothing wrong with a pink dress.... :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2005 09:10 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

And yes, it does say SOMETHING but not everything.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 06:25:31