Dollar for some coke?

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 05:17 pm
N.M. Police Arrest Man Who Drops Cocaine
February 10, 2005 9:24 PM EST

ALBUQUERQUE - A man pulled much more than a dollar from his pocket when he went to pay for items at a convenience store here, police said.

Hugo Suso-Dominguez, 23, was in line in front of two officers dressed in plainclothes when he dropped a dollar bill folded into a pouch formation Tuesday night, police said. The officers, who had stopped at the store to get food while on a surveillance operation, recognized the pouch as a method of holding drugs.

One officer picked up the dollar, unfolded it and found white powder, which later tested positive for cocaine, according to a criminal complaint.

"Hugo looked back at us and the dollar bill, which was now open displaying the suspected cocaine. Hugo laughed and stated, 'That is mine' (in Spanish)," detective Thomas Gutierrez reported.

Suso-Dominguez was charged with possession with intent to distribute because there was about one-half ounce of cocaine in the pouch, police said. He was being held at the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Detention Center on a $2,500 bond.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 957 • Replies: 6
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 05:19 pm
lol
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 05:24 pm
Talk about wrong place wrong time
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 05:39 pm
If he can afford a good lawyer, he's got a really strong case for false arrest.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 09:51 am
how so?
I would think that if a police officer was feet from you and saw this come out of you rpocket, that would hold ground in a court room. So would his open confession -
-----"Hugo looked back at us and the dollar bill, which was now open displaying the suspected cocaine. Hugo laughed and stated, 'That is mine' (in Spanish)," detective Thomas Gutierrez reported.-------

Hmm.. but then again, that can also be hear-say if there were no eye witnesses aside the one police officer.. hmm
you have a point..
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 08:45 pm
Something fell out of his pocket or wallet. It was obviously not a weapon. The police officer had no right to pick it up and examine it. The response "that's mine" is the kind one would make if he thought he'd lost a dollar and someone else was about to walk off with it. The reference was only the dollar bill, not to whatever substance it may have contained. The suspect can always claim he'd just gotten that bill in change and had no notion as to its contents. But, as I said, he needs a really good lawyer. I know a couple who'd jump at the chance to defend him.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Feb, 2005 08:47 am
your absolutly right.
0 Replies