Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 07:32 pm
My lab, Gracie, is the cleanest mammal I know (other than my wife.) We've had other dogs which ate feces, even their own, but not Gracie. She won't even do her daily "business" in a previously used area. It has to be fresh and clean. If there's even one of her own hairs floating in her water, forget about it. Waiter! Fresh water for the lady in yellow, please! Well, she's just turned 4 and has suddenly developed a fascination with the catbox. Not the feces, but any and all ammonia-reeking litter clumps of cat urine she can wrap her lips around. She normally doesn't have free access to the catbox, but somehow she got to it last night and cleaned it out. Today has been interesting ... drinking lots of water ... vomiting ... frequent trips outside to urinate from all the water she drank. Still, if she could, she'd clean out that box all over again ... not the feces, but the stinking urine clumps. This is a new one for me ...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,734 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 10:47 pm
A new one on me, too, but here, let me bump it up on the list for you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 10:55 pm
Interesting. New to me too. I'm trying to match a problem to urine eating, but I can't. I'd keep an eye on the water drinking though. My cat is diabetic and that and odd eating habits are two major symptoms.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 07:53 pm
She seems to be back to normal today after some serious blowouts from both ends. Guess we'll just have to keep a watch on her and the catbox from now on. Still, it's pretty disappointing ... kind of like ... sorry ... discovering your mom picks her nose, eats it, and doesn't really care who knows. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 08:00 pm
There's a dead deer in a field on my way home that's been there since last fall. Several times in the last few weeks I've seen a big Airedale-type dog with his head buried in the carcass munching away, and I've been glad he wasn't my dog. He has to be tossing that up somewhere, but it can't be much worse than what Gracie deposited in our living room yesterday.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:13 am
Dogs from miles around must be rolling in that delectable dead deer.

I've read that dogs who feel protective about the cats in the friendly, family wolf pack will clean the cat box just as they would clean up the feces of their own pups.
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:37 am
I could almost accept that, Noddy. That's disgusting, but fairly normal. My dog is eating the clumps of urine from clumping litter.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 01:09 pm
WhoodaThunk--

Who can fathom the mind of a child--two legged or four legged.
0 Replies