Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 11:09 am
An A2K safe space for women with something to say and nothing to prove.

Reflecting the ideals of the Boston Women’s Health Collective and the Wing in New York that Sisterhood is Powerful – so if you have a ‘wang’, get a grip and depart henceforth to your piscine (Excusez mon français).

To ensure that only daughters of Aphrodite remain, acceptance requires the answer to a question only women know…

Where the hell does all the FAT go when you lose weight?

The most common male misconception by far, is that fat is converted to energy!
The problem with this theory is that it violates the law of conservation of matter, which all chemical reactions obey.

Some even think it turns into muscle – which is impossible.

So where does it go?

Do share any awesome Life Hacks:

When growing roses from cuttings, before planting, push the bottom ends of the cuttings into small potatoes. Moisture and nutrients in the potatoes will allow the cuttings to develop healthy roots.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:04 pm
@Tryagain,
Are you really planning to do a genital check?

On the internet gender doesn't matter, especially when we are all anonymous. Nor, should it.
centrox

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 12:10 pm
Maybe bone up on your French verbs?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 03:24 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Are you really planning to do a genital check?

You're only cocky because you could pass it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:11 pm
@Tryagain,
This troll-bait thread has brought out all of the trolls... and not a single woman Wink.

I knew Izzy couldn't resist. I really thought that Centrox would respect the rules of the thread.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Mar, 2018 04:27 pm
@Tryagain,
Let me answer the fat question scientifically.

When your body needs energy, your fat is converted into carbohydrates. The carbohydrates are then oxidized (combined with oxygen) to create mostly carbon dioxide and water. The carbon dioxide is then exhaled and the water is mostly urinated away.

The oxidation reaction releases energy, that is where the energy comes from. This chemical energy is ultimately from the sun. Plants use energy from the sun to build up carbohydrates out of carbon dioxide. These plants are then eaten by animals to make meat or eaten directly by humans. It's the circle of life.

Most of the mass of fat becomes carbon dioxide.

0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 09:20 am
Who said A2K and humor are incompatible bedfellows; you girlz make I laugh.

Dear Max, I like the cut of your jib even though you may have been hoisted by your own petard, your critique on fat loss is exemplary.
May I thank you for your participation and extend my sympathies for your negative score, presumably due to the mention of the word ‘genital’…

Whereas Centrox, or should I say, one of les immortels of the Académie française is applauded when using the word ‘bone’ – However, French nationalism was largely discredited after the second world war, because of the Vichy regime and collaboration.

As a result, it often took refuge in cultural – particularly linguistic – concerns. De Gaulle's inflammatory 1967 speech in Quebec, when he took the linguistic battle into the very heart of enemy territory, speaks volumes. "Long live free Quebec! Long live French Canada! And long live France!" declaimed de Gaulle (en français dans le texte, of course). Quebec was repositioned as a besieged Gaulish village, and French as a symbol of resistance – perhaps even as a surrogate magic potion. For de Gaulle, liberating Quebec meant reversing France's defeat at the hands of the English in 1763.

My feeling is that France is haunted by its lost American future. Had the US fallen under Gallic domination, French would probably be the world's lingua franca today. Nevertheless, please accept my abject apology for descending into peevish dribbling gibberish – although I still maintain that Napoleon was responsible for the deaths of more Frenchmen than Wellington ever was.

Last but certainly not least is the much admired Izzy – (well at least by me) has been granted linguistic license to be ‘cocky’ – however, considering his soccer team is only one point from the relegation zone and have just appointed a new manager; I don’t know how he maintains his joie de vivre.

Facebook has banned Britain First. Should A2K do the same?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 11:34 am
@Tryagain,
I was over the moon when Pellegrino got the boot, before that I was sick as a parrot.

And the Cup match against Wigan is being shown on the BBC.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » No Man’s Land -
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 12:34:37