Important hair questions

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 02:38 pm
If you tweezed each and every hair on your body one by one, how long do you think it would take?

Do you think you could finish the job before the first hairs that you tweezed had grown back?

How many hairs do you think there are on the human body?

Is it approximately the same amount for all mammals? For instance, dogs...do you think we have more actual hairs on our bodies than dogs do?

Just curious.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,382 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 02:42 pm
I think it would be impossible to tweeze them all by yourself... but if you had a bunch of people plucking for you, it might be possible (it sure would hurt alot, especially in those senstive areas)

I bet there are more hairs on your body then there are people in this world.

I'd say it is possible that we could have more hair then some other mammals, but ours are very hard to see... the only place you don't have hair on is you eyeballs, tongue, teeth, and nails!!!!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 02:46 pm
The ones you can easily see I think you could do. The really fine ones you might miss because they are hard to see.

Now waxing, that ups the possibility of getting every hair.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:23 pm
Hair grows in a 6 week cycle - more or less.
So count all your hairs kicky, then divide them through
the 6 weeks and you'll know for sure http://www.borge.diesal.de/schiel.gif

Then again, you could rent yourself a female ape
and she'll do it for you - flies and all. Mr. Green
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 04:39 pm
Medically speaking - our bodies have hair on every inch of the skin. Even the bottoms of your feet . Not all visable to the naked eye.

THATS alot ah pluk'n.

I think if you started with your head ( seeing how you could pluck those the fastest.. better grip ) and just worked your way down doing only the ones you could see, you could do it.. in...... i would guess 2 days. but that is doing nothing else.
You should save all the hair you pluck kicky and donate it. !! Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:26 pm
Shewolf, lets hope he gets laid in the meantime,
that puts the focus away from him and his hairy ideas.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:57 pm
Shewolf...2 days? No way! I'm thinking more like three or four WEEKS! Imagine having to pluck each single hair...that would take much longer than you think. How many hairs are there? We don't even know! Nobody on this thread has even had the balls to guess! THAT'S a LOT of hair. I'm going to guess 16 million hairs.

Now let's see, if it takes about ten seconds to pluck each hair, that's 10 x 16,000,000...that gives us 160,000,000 seconds, which becomes...

Oh crap, I have to go now. I'll figure this out later.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 05:59 pm
What could be more important than figuring this out, I wonder...
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 06:01 pm
No way it takes 10 secs to pluck each hair...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:13 pm
Well, how much time do YOU think it takes, superjuly? I think it probably would take more than ten seconds for each hair, but I was just trying to use a round number.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:16 pm
You have as many hairs on your body as any ape - it's just that they don't grow into a 'fur'. A lot of hairs.

Personally I really hate the ones that grow on the last joint of your finger just before the fingernail. Anyone with lots of them is some sort of throw-back to monkeys.... or worse.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:18 pm
So Stilly, how many hairs would you say there are then?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:23 pm
I'll check on Google.

And don't forget the hairs that grow inside your nostrils - good luck plucking them!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:26 pm
And the ones near the back barn door too. Those would be really tough to get at. I think you'd need an assistant if you really wanted to attempt this...
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:31 pm
You will have about 100,000-120,000 hairs on your head. Your beard 7,000-15,000 hairs. There are approx. 550 hairs in the eyebrow (x 2).

Still looking....

Did you know you produce 16 oz of saliva every day? And that the average human head weighs 8 lbs?
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:36 pm
A sperm will live for about 36 hours.

Your shoulderblade is not connected to any other bones - it is held in place by 15 muscles.

Each year 9lbs / 4kgs of dead skin cells are shed by your body. It is the single most common part of housedust.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:38 pm
Here's the other bit you need.....

Skin is pretty amazing, if you stop to think about it. The average adult has two square yards of it, constituting 15 percent of their total body weight. Each square inch contains an average of 625 sweat glands, 65 hair follicles and 19,000 sensory glands. At its thinnest, the eyelid, it protects the delicate cornea and at its thickest, the bottom of the feet it cushions the skeleton, making movement possible.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:47 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
Did you know you produce 16 oz of saliva every day? And that the average human head weighs 8 lbs?

Do you mean to tell me that if my head were made of ham, it would be worth over fifty bucks? Excellent!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:50 pm
wait, does that mean that when i die and rot away, my scapulas will just fall off? not that i particularly care if they do, but i'd prefer to keep them attached, if someone asked me.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2005 08:52 pm
No and yes. And no-one will be asking you.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Important hair questions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 02:09:40