Your Invitation to Boston!

Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 10:41 am
I received this in my work email from Slade Cheong on behalf of Forum Events inviting me to the Boston Contact Center and Customer Service Summit.

It is complementary and includes accommodations at the Marriott; all meals and drinks; all networking activity; personalized event itinerary and exclusive seminar program.

It doesn't give much more other than it is to connect with like minded senior level executives (not sure how senior they are looking as I don't have much in the way of high decision making at my company) to share best practices and trends and so forth in the industry.

I'd like to get a free hotel night and some free food - what the heck do you think they want from me? I know nothing is free in life - and quite honestly I have no decision making at my company so they can't get anything from my company through me.

I really cannot find out much about them online - anyone know?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 222 • Replies: 3

jespah

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 11:08 am
@Linkat,
https://www.forumevents.com/events/Contact-Center-and-Customer-Service-Summit/Boston-MA
https://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/event-planner/forum-networking-events-in-sarasota-fl-90045864/reviews-and-complaints
Linkat

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 11:36 am
@jespah,
Thanks - I actually looked up BLR on BBB as that is the company and address listed at the bottom of the email - they acquired the Forum Company that I think you put as the BBB link.

BLR was rated as A+ company on BBB but there is no feedback or anything really about them other than they have been in operations for many years (forget the specific number of years).

So I clicked on the vendor tab and I think this is why I was invited - somehow I am on a list of being the following:

"No time wasters

The clients attending are directors and senior managers who have considerable purchasing budgets, the authority to spend and are actively reviewing their current suppliers. No time wasters - just high quality meetings."

So they are selling to vendors that people being invited are decision makers within large corporations with big pockets. So sounds like if anyone is getting screwed the vendors are - I might work for a corporation with a lot of money but I have no decision making on where we spend our money and little influence on what we spend it on as well.

"About Forum

Forum Events is dedicated to building quality industry relationships. Using a targeted approach, Forum Events invites top tier executives to highly structured business networking events across the United States."

I should go just for hoots. But not sure my company would let me attend
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2018 01:43 pm
@Linkat,
Might you be headhunted?

They might just have mucked up and thought you have more say than you do, but a free junket is a free junket.

They might just be hoping that you'll go back and tell everyone how good they are. You might not be able to decide yourself but you must talk to people who can.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Your Invitation to Boston!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 06:16:36