I'm Disabling My Account

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 09:49 am
Squinney- You have him on a timer? Great! Years ago, I had seen a program for computer addicts that automatically disabled their internet access after a certain time, predetermined by the user. I was looking around for it, but I could not find it.

Hey, if YOU are monitoring the timer, that is lots, lots better! Give Bi a kiss for me, and tell him that I am very proud of what he is doing.

Do you make house calls? Laughing I have been trying to get the hell out of here for a half hour. I have errands to do, and a meeting to attend..........................
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 09:53 am
Bye Bear

We'll miss you but remember the door is always open. Best of luck to you.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 09:59 am
Phoenix - I was pulling Timbers leg about the tantrum. Bear would really get his back up if I tried any blatant behavior modification on him. He only let's me play "Mommy" to him under certain conditions. : )

But, if you find that program let me know. I'll install it secretely and he'll never know what's happening.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 10:14 am
timberlandko wrote:
Unnerstand where BPB is comin' from. Can't unnerstand why some folks think other folks are responsible to protect themselves from their own actions. Generally, if one has a personal problem with somethin', the solution to that problem is not external.

Gotta say too that resortin' to intentionally gettin' oneself banned is about as mature as a toddler's grocery store tantrum over the candy mommy won't buy.

Jesus Timber, take a f*#kng joke would ya? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 10:18 am
For once, I am at a complete loss for words. I honestly don't know what to say.

Shocked Confused
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 10:19 am
squinney, your ISP may offer time-based access limiting on a per-user-login basis, ask them. Programs such as NetNanny and CyberPatrol, among lotsa others, offer user time limits as well, and so do a number of firewalls. Lotsa routers can be configured to control user access time and/or access time allotted to specific websites.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 10:42 am
FreeDuck wrote:
You trying to make it easy for him, timber?

Nothin' special there; Customer Service Commitment and all, FD. Remember, everyone here gets more than they pay for.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 10:59 am
Indeed.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:19 am
Farewell BPB, like you said...you are an entertainer!

Good luck in all you do!

Sarah
x
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:24 am
Exit, Bi-Polar Bear pursued by A2K.

The forum will be a smaller place without you.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:24 am
Quote:
Years ago, I had seen a program for computer addicts that automatically disabled their internet access after a certain time, predetermined by the user. I was looking around for it, but I could not find it.

(hmm -- that would explain why my work connection cuts out periodically...)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:25 am
good luck BPB!
hope you reconsider -- after the dust clears...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:30 am
BPB
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

BBB
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:37 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Jesus Timber, take a f*#kng joke would ya? Rolling Eyes

Oh, cool. That makes a huge difference. Ya really had me goin' there for a while. Damn - you are good at that. I shoulda known. My bad.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 11:46 am
The Bear's an artiste. Got the temperament.

Maybe NetNanny's not such a bad idea. Til he takes over Squinney's account Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 12:21 pm
Bear
I'm gonna miss the hell out of you!!! I truely understand what you're saying, as it happens to me sometimes too and I have to get away from the puter sometimes just so I don't get sucked in the monitor ;-)

((((BIG HUGE BEARHUG))))

Don't worry, be happy :-D
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 02:33 pm
Squinney- I found this......I know nothing about it, but it sounds interesting, and there is a 30 day free trial:

http://www.download.com/Child-Control-2004/3000-2162_4-10352448.html#cnetReview
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 02:47 pm
Kristie wrote:
I have NO idea what that sign in my smiley says....

"Say "God" to me!"
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 03:20 pm
LOL!!!

And that was Bear holding that sign? Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2005 03:34 pm
Bear, All I can say is you have cracked a smile on my face more than once. Wish I had gotten to know you better. Good luck.....
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 05:30:47