my black english shepard dog died. why?

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 01:56 pm
well, it is actually my landlord's.

it is still a puppy, probably less than a year old. 2 days ago, it stoped eating. i can feel her tummy getting really empty. then 1 night ago, she vomitted, all yellowish transparent stuff. probably stomach acid.

last night, she came to my door, and was breathing hard, her feet are all cold already.

she was perfectly fine just about two days ago. i wonder what happened to her? anyone knows?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,030 • Replies: 7
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:00 pm
did you know anything about her diet? her eating habits? her shot record?
( im thinking parvo )
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:00 pm
Was she a purebred?
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:02 pm
well, i am living in a caribbean country here at this moment. so they don't have all those nice dog food. i don't know what the landlord feeds her. but i think that just whatever she has at that moment.

so i don't think that she has any shots. one thing is that she vomits quite often.

and she sometimes eats the food that people put in the trashcan.

i don't know if she is a pure breed or not. she has black fur, quite long, white fur on her front two feet, half way to her knees. and some brown color as a rim, sort of.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:08 pm
I was thinking distemper

The reason I asked about purebred is that sometimes, people don't research their breeder when buying a purebred. Some breeders have puppy mills in which they churn, literally, dogs out and sell them. The puppies often have temperment problems and more often, health problems that don't manifest for the first year.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:10 pm
wouldnt distemper take longer?
i dont know anything about that disease?
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:13 pm
canine distemper, an infectious respiratory and sometimes gastrointestinal disease of dogs, caused by a paramyxovirus and characterized by fever, dullness, loss of appetite, and a discharge from the eyes and nose. It is caused by a virus and it is also infectious for foxes and ferrets. Called also hard pad disease.

that is probably it. she might got the virus. that is why she vomits often. that is reasonable. in the end, she indeed lost appetite. but she didn't have any discharge from nose or eyes.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 02:15 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
wouldnt distemper take longer?
i dont know anything about that disease?

Canine Distemper

Maybe youngman can check this out and see if these are the symptoms?
0 Replies