WHAT are your favorite "road Food" places, your least favorite??

Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 08:07 am
Dennys ain't bad, on a store by store basis. Perkins can be good. Bob Evans is low rent, but predictable. None of them make biscuits worth a damn--ya gotta smother 'em in greasy gravy.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 08:16 am
@Setanta,
Perkins was the one that gave dumass names to breakfasts.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 11:31 am
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 12:48 pm
@edgarblythe,
jeeezus krise, thats a yuuge serving of cup cakes
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 02:05 pm
Give me Village Inn over Denny's and especially IHOP any day.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 02:28 pm
@InfraBlue,
wheres Village Inn? I never heard of em. What kind of food?
Setanta

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 04:04 pm
@farmerman,
I don't recall that, but it's been several years. There was a Perkins near my home in Ohio, and I'd go there on Sattiday and Sunday mornings. If it was early enough, and the parking lot was not full, I'd go in and settle in for a gigantic pig out--bacon, sausages or sausage patties, ham, eggs and a double order of hash browns. All the ladies knew me and took good care of me, and I took good care of them on the tip. After I stopped drinking, I had all kinds of disposable income.
roger

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 04:04 pm
@farmerman,
Denny's still has "Moons over My Hammy", or something like that. Somehow, they're still in business.
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 04:57 pm
@farmerman,
It seems they're everywhere (even in Guam) except where you're at, Pennsylvania, right?

They're a breakfast chain with other very good menu items. Their hamburgers are excellent. Their crepes blow away IHOP's.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 05:26 pm
@InfraBlue,
Looks like the entire Northeast from Md into New England is Village House deprived. I forgot the WAFFLE HOUE. These are small quick serve (specializing in crispy waffles made up on the spot). They have a great Lattke-like home fry lattice as big as a medium pizza and their eggs n meats are good. Their bacon is mapled or smoked(But it aint thick cut strips)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 05:30 pm
@Setanta,
We have a Perkins near Avondale Pa(Chester County) an its sorta ok but being near a Village Breakfast restaurant that gets it really right with the eggs , one could always find a seat at Perkins.

Some restaurants in the state of Delawhere will not serve you eggs that are sunny side up because they fear diseases of the chicken cloacae
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 05:31 pm
@roger,
Too cute for a morning meal.
Any places out there serve pork roll or Spam as a side meat?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 12:08 pm
Fatz Cafe—Big burgers with fantastic onion rings. Comfy seating. If I get stuck on the road at mealtime and no sushi or noodle house in sight, this isn’t bad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 01:09 pm
We tried the new Steak Burger up the street, last night. An overload of salt spoiled the experience for us.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 01:14 pm
When I lived on the Cali coast, we went to the L & L Hawaiian Barbeque a few times. Some American standards, but cool spammy sandwiches and crazy macaroni selections.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 05:53 pm
drove some lmbs to a buyer early this Am an stopped at a ROYL FARMS. (In Pa and MD/Del/NJ There are new upankoming fried chicken and breakfass places tht are conjoined with large gas,diesel n charging stations). These places like Royal farms, WaWa, Aheetz, etc have seating insode nd the food is usually freh nd good. These guys really live by their coffee. None of those brown and red pots like A Dunkin Donuts, but real fresh honest coffee with NO CHARBUCKS flavors.

I had a chicken and fried egg biskit washed down w/a cuppa Harney Bros Cinnamon Naranja.
It was very satifying
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 07:18 pm
Years ago, they converted the Tomball KFC into a Hartz. The Hartz chicken was very good and I often have had the food there. I discovered today that a new owner took it. I could have guessed without being told. The food I bought today was another salt overload. I will never go in it again.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 07:22 pm
Anywhere with the sign FRESH ROAD FOOD à la the topic.

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 11:28 pm
When I lived on the east coast I loved the Jersey diners - the greasier the better! Then they had Roy Rogers, Howard Johnson and that's all I remember. Denny's and IHOP are okay, when on the road. Out here on the west coast it was Bob's Big Boy (long gone), Norm (only one left in L.A.) Coco's, Mimi's, in-n-out, Panera Bread and Panda Express (my German friends love that one).
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 12:18 am
@CalamityJane,
They had a Roy Rogers in Houston at one time. It's probably thirty years since it shut down.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 05:39:42