Still safe to masterbate.

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:32 am
The Master of His Domain....

Oddly Enough - Reuters

OTTAWA (Reuters) - A Canadian who masturbated at a window in his house won his appeal against a conviction for indecency on Thursday after Canada's top court ruled there was no evidence of intent to commit an indecent act, and a home was not a public place.

The Supreme Court of Canada noted that British Columbian, Daryl Clark, had agreed it was an indecent act to have masturbated "in an illuminated room near an uncovered window visible to neighbors."

But Justice Morris Fish, writing the 9-0 decision, said such acts have to be done in public places to be a crime -- and a home was not a public place. The law also says indecent acts are only crimes in every location if the person intends to give offense.

Clark was convicted of an indecent act in a public place and given a four-month sentence after a prosecution that followed complaints from his neighbor, named in court documents only as Mrs. S.

The woman said she spotted Clark while she was watching television with her two young daughters in their family room.

She alerted her husband, and the couple observed Clark from their darkened bedroom for 10 or 15 minutes -- also using binoculars and a telescope -- before summoning the police, who said the upper part of Clark's body was visible from just below the navel.

"In my respectful view, the trial judge ... erred in concluding that the appellant's living room had been converted by him into a public place simply because he could be seen through his living room window and, though he did not know this, was being watched by Mr. and Mrs. S. from the privacy of their own bedroom 90 to 150 feet away," Fish wrote.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,161 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:43 am
Quote:
She alerted her husband, and the couple observed Clark from their darkened bedroom for 10 or 15 minutes -- also using binoculars and a telescope -- before summoning the police, who said the upper part of Clark's body was visible from just below the navel.

Curious! Apparently it was Mr. & Mrs. S. who were the voyeurs. Binoculars and telescopes, indeed! Laughing
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:16 am
and for 10 to 15 minutes... that must have been quite a session Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:20 am
So why cant he file charges against them for using decives to spy in HIS windows? Isnt that called a Peeping Tom?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:28 am
Maybe he likes being watched. Talk about a vicious cycle: neighbor looks to see if man is rubbing one off, man gets excited about being watched, rubs one off.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:40 am
Fifteen minutes.

What was he looking at, the Sears bra ads?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:14 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Fifteen minutes.

What was he looking at, the Sears bra ads?

Joe(you forgot to sign your name)Nation

And that was only the time they were watching him... it could have been an all night marathon.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:27 am
Quote:
Code:What was he looking at, the Sears bra ads?

Joe(you forgot to sign your name)Nation

I was typing one handed.

Joe (there, that feels better.) Nation
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:29 am
LOL
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:59 pm
( peeking into joes window )
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:17 pm
<Hum de hum de dum, wandering around the apartment, picking up the old magzines to throw away, hum de hum dum dum, what's this? a Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Catalogue...?.. hum de dumdumdum dum...!!.
hmmmm.

Page 12 seems to feature the features that creatures like me like the best.....and here on page 17 there's a model that reminds me of ol' what-was-her-name, that fluteplayer from the Philharmonic Summer Camp although that swimsuit is a lot more daring than the skirted one she wore....or wore until we got down by the canoe racks and. she started to play some flute like the sounds of wings you've never flown before

.....uh oh.....I think I hear someone at my window. I'd rush over there but I'd trip what with my pants down around my ankles.......

Joe( I'd like to hear a little Vilvaldi now) Nation
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:31 pm
>still peeking in joes window<

hmm.. I have some high powered binoculars ..
seeing how I am in texas and all...
( thinking to myself )
Jeezzee... why is he so EXPOSED..
maybe I should tell someone..
I will wait until after he is finished doing.. what i think he is doing...but i better keep watching to make sure..
wouldnt want to embarass him you know...

and I had better put MY pants back on if the law will be here.
They cant see me like this either... Embarrassed
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:34 pm
Shewolf...stop peeking and get back into bed!!!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:35 pm
I will masturbate in front of an open window for anyone who wants to get out their binoculars and watch...the subsciprtion fee is 29.95 a month...three shows daily and one midnight matinee.....
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 04:35 pm
I'm not coming back here...I don't want my 1000th post to be on a masturbation thread...what no kicky yet? Confused
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 06:39 pm
Speaking of exhibitionists, it was so cold here the other night a raincoated flasher asked my wife, as she exited the market, if he could just describe himself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 06:44 pm
I always marvel at the sights I see as I walk the dogs at night.

Some people clearly know they can be seen. Others pretty clearly don't.

My personal favourite of the last couple of months is the fella who weight-lifts naked, watching FoxTV. I think he might have heard me laughing the night I realized what I was looking at.

eh <usually too focussed on watching for tiny dog poop to notice the nekkid men in the neighbourhood> Beth
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 06:51 pm
The poor guy must have been emarrassed as hell in court if he had no idea that he could be seen.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:00 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I will masturbate in front of an open window for anyone who wants to get out their binoculars and watch...the subsciprtion fee is 29.95 a month...three shows daily and one midnight matinee.....

Now THAT'S a bargain! Cool

*sneaks back out of this thread...before anyone sees me*
0 Replies