What do you wear to bed?

Diane

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:51 pm
Oh boomerang, I just read your post. I can't stop laughing!!

Dys doesn't go for lacy, frilly things, so I usually wear a t-shirt, nightie or nuttin'. Weather is the major factor--or the cowboy's mood....
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:54 pm
Dys, Dangit! You know a Stetson aint ever supposed to touch a bed! Every cowboy sleeps in his boots, but treat that Stetson with some respect!

(Or, at least do so with the new one you'll be needin' to get)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:56 pm
I used to sleep in the nude until we moved to California
and I experienced my first earthquake in the middle
of the night.

We just run out of the house and stood there split naked
in our front lawn in full view for the neighbors.

And we just had moved in. What a welcome present
that was to our new neighbors http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/schuechtern/icon_blue.gif

Ever since then, I wear at least something.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:00 pm
squinney wrote:
Dys, Dangit! You know a Stetson aint ever supposed to touch a bed! Every cowboy sleeps in his boots, but treat that Stetson with some respect!

(Or, at least do so with the new one you'll be needin' to get)

The rule is, my dear squinney, a Stetson must never be thrown on a bed, there is NO rule about sleeping in a Stetson. Be there or be square.
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:05 pm
it's too hot to use sheets here now. I'd have slept with themain door open and teh screen locked, if i hadn't been spooked by this hyper violent hyper corny italian movie just before i went to bed. (sighs)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:19 pm
I'm plenty used to earthquakes, being an LA girl, have been through some big rockings. So, what... I have a robe and flashlight somewhere near the door.

Mostly.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:10 pm
Depends somewhat on the weather (not that much different year 'round with central air & heat, though.) Sometimes it's a nightgown, sometimes it's pajamas, sometimes it's satin shorts and a matching tank, but ALWAYS it's something slinky.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 11:22 pm
and for me, nothing, unless it is really chilly in my room...

the thing is, I try to be eco sensible, so I try to stay at 65 or under. If I break down and dial 68, say, I am into nirvana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 01:52 am
I sleep in my underwear unless it's really cold, which is when I'll throw some socks on.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:13 am
I hate wearing socks to bed. Sometimes I can't even stand having the blankets on them. I get this claustrophobic feeling, but only in my feet and I just have to stick them out from under the blanket.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:23 am
Didja know that's genetic? I'm sort of like that, E.G. totally is, and now sozlet is (the sticking feet out from under the blankets part.)

Loved boomer's story. (Men.)

I also have a clear before and after though not so dramatically enacted. I used to sleep nude (nude + flannel blankets + down comforter is the warmest -- warmer than with PJ's IMO), then when the baby arrived I had to have PJs for frequent jumping out of bed to walk her back to sleep etc. Got used to that. Usually flannel PJ bottoms and a long-sleeved cotton t. I have decorative lingerie (collected vintage 30's + 40's silk gowns in perfect condition before they got pricey) but don't usually use 'em for sleeping.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 08:33 am
What do I wear to bed? Same thing I wore to work, usually. I run very cold and am not used to the cold weather here yet. If it's not too cold or if I've been in the house all day I might wear shorts and a t-shirt.

Oh, and sticking the feet out of the blanket? My whole family does that.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 09:40 am
I stick at least one foot out of the blankey when I feel too warm. Only for a few minutes though, cause I can't sleep with my foot uncovered. I always feel like someone's gonna grab my toes. Confused Darn boogie man
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 10:40 am
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
I stick at least one foot out of the blankey when I feel too warm. Only for a few minutes though, cause I can't sleep with my foot uncovered. I always feel like someone's gonna grab my toes. Confused

When I was in school I was living in a tiny apartment with a full sized mattress. I am 6 feet tall and a full mattress is 6 feet long so like it or not my feet stuck out the bottom of the bed. A few months before I moved out I got a couple of kittens to keep me company. They figured out real quick that an easy way to wake me up in the morning to feed them was by sticking their small but very sharp kitten claws into the bottom of my feet... little rascals.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 11:16 am
I'm 6'2" and I often wake up in the middle of the night with my feet sticking out of the covers. And there's no way I'm gonna make the bed with the sheets and blankets tucked under the mattress (military style?)...
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 03:10 pm
I usually wear a slinky nightgown...it rides up and leaves me exposed from the hips down. But in the winter I pile on the blankets. Too hot for hubby, but I love my cozy blankets with the thermostat turned down nice and low.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:53 pm
Ever since menopause I have been very warm. Now that menopause is over I am still very warm. I love it when it is freezing and I can cuddle under a comforter. Normally though, I can barely stand a sheet.

Just call me:

~OUR LADY OF PERPETUAL MENOPAUSE~
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 05:54 pm
Is it hot in here, or is it just me???
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:37 pm
Ah, memories of thermostat wars with my husband... he was the one who was always cold, and rightfully, he had sort of crummy circulation, with cold feet at a mere breeze. Not to jest about that, I think that's a good reason to crank the heat.

My business partner and I have near same body temps and march to the thermostat in fairly close order. She gets cold about ten minutes before I would. It's hard to do intricate drawings when you're shivering...

at home, I keep the temp up to 65 - 67 or so, wish I could be more sanguine about it, but I shut down and crawl under the covers if it is, say, 59 in the house in the evening. Of course I can deal with it, but it affects my mood and will to sit and think, or start something new.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2005 07:43 pm
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
I hate wearing socks to bed. Sometimes I can't even stand having the blankets on them. I get this claustrophobic feeling, but only in my feet and I just have to stick them out from under the blanket.

I hate sleeping with socks as well, but when the temps get as cold as they do at this time of year, my feet freeze and I can't sleep. I'm getting an electric fireplace for my room next winter, so no more socks to bed for this gal :-D
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/29/2024 at 03:53:51