What’s the likely outcome? Trump destroys the FBI or the FBI destroys Trump?

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2018 03:43 pm
There’s a battle royal in the USA. Trump vs the FBI & DOJ. Any votes for Trump?

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2018 03:53 pm
I don't know what to make of it. Something has to give.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2018 05:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I trust, and I hope, that the FBI is not fighting against Trump. I want an FBI that acts professionally no matter what Trump does.

I think Christopher Wray is on his way out, and I think he is acting responsibly.
Real Music

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2018 05:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
All the FBI & DOJ can do is to continue to do the job they were task to do. Continue to press on.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Sturgis

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 01:03 pm
@maxdancona,
If Wray exits, either of his own volition or because Trump gives him the axe, it could blow everything open and apart. That might even lead to more chaos - or even Trump making a hasty exit.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 01:16 pm
@Sturgis,
Little chance that Trump will be making any exits. The US Constitution backs him up 100% on this.

Of course, seven years from now his second term will be over.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 01:35 pm
@Sturgis,
It seems to me that Mueller will the the epicenter of the likely chaos that is coming. He is being awfully methodical in his approach.

In Watergate, it was the Republican members of congress who persuaded Nixon that it was time to go. When they flipped, the end came pretty quickly. I suspect that this pattern might be replayed.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 01:41 pm
@maxdancona,
In Watergate, the Republicans were naive and unprepared for the Democrats' witchhunting and duplicity.

Not so this time around.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 01:44 pm
@oralloy,
I see what you are doing Oralloy, you are more of a cheerleader than a serious participant in any discussion. But, let me point this out since you seem to imply that the Republicans are on Trump's side (they aren't).

Trump keeps on kicking his own party in the teeth. They are politicians, they will stay behind him as long as it is politically helpful for them. But don't think for a second that there are many Republican elected officials who don't despise him on a personal level. Trump is a jackass... even to his "friends".

As soon as it is politically expedient. the Republican establishment is not only going to turn on Trump... they are going to enjoy every minute of it.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 01:55 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I see what you are doing Oralloy, you are more of a cheerleader than a serious participant in any discussion.

I am a very serious participant. I always defend the truth and argue in favor of doing the right thing.

maxdancona wrote:
Trump keeps on kicking his own party in the teeth.

Not really.

maxdancona wrote:
As soon as it is politically expedient. the Republican establishment is not only going to turn on Trump... they are going to enjoy every minute of it.

Coward McCain certainly enjoys stabbing his fellow Republicans in the back in exchange for a bit of cheap praise from liberals, but most Republicans aren't the treacherous scumbags that you portray them as. Most Republicans believe in doing the right thing.

The notion that today's Republican Party will help the Democratic Party topple a Republican president on bogus charges, well it just isn't going to happen.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 03:12 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I am a very serious participant. I always defend the truth and argue in favor of doing the right thing.

Let's split the difference and say you are a very serious cheerleader.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 03:51 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Let's split the difference and say you are a very serious cheerleader.

No.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 07:23 pm
McCain sided with the FBI today. Which makes me wonder why most of the Republicans are all for law and order when it pertains to women's body rights and Black Lives and Immigrants, but not when it sets its focus on Republican law breaking.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2018 01:23 am
Sen. John McCain On Nunes Memo Release:
‘We Are Doing Putin’s Job For Him’

Quote:
Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) delivered a harsh rebuke against fellow Republicans who agreed to release a memo by House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes against the wishes of the U.S. intelligence community.

Nunes on Friday released the memo after President Donald Trump declassified it. The memo alleges that officials at the FBI and Department of Justice displayed active bias against the Trump campaign in the early stages of the Russia investigation, which was later taken over by special counsel Robert Mueller.

In a statement shortly before the memo’s release, McCain didn’t pull any punches.

“In 2016, the Russian government engaged in an elaborate plot to interfere in an American election and undermine our democracy,” McCain said. “Russia employed the same tactics it has used to influence elections around the world, from France and Germany to Ukraine, Montenegro and beyond.”

McCain said Russia’s interference has, at best, sown political discord and succeeded in “dividing us from each other.” Attacking the intelligence community is not how to fix the discord, he said.

Ahead of its impending releases, the FBI took the extraordinary step of issuing a public statement to express its “grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy.”

“The latest attacks against the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests ― no party’s, no President’s, only Putin’s,” McCain added. “The American people deserve to know all the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded. Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the lens of politics and manufacturing political sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.”

On Thursday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi sent a letter to House Speaker Paul Ryan to demand that Nunes be removed from his position.

“Congressman Nunes’ deliberately dishonest actions make him unfit to serve as Chairman, and he must be removed immediately from his position,” she said.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sen-john-mccain-nunes-memo-putin_us_5a749987e4b06ee97af24494
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What’s the likely outcome? Trump destroys the FBI or the FBI destroys Trump?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 09:19:32