Jilted Man Begs for Wife's Return in $17,000 Ad

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:41 am
 Oddly Enough - Reuters

MIAMI (Reuters) - A Florida man has tried to win back his estranged wife with a full-page, $17,000 newspaper ad begging her to give him another chance.

Dubbed "Lonesome Larry" by the Florida Times-Union, the man told the newspaper that his wife of 17-1/2 years had moved out, changed her cell phone number, refused to return his calls, barred him from entering her parents' gated community and ignored the five dozen roses he sent.

So Larry took out an ad addressed to "Marianne" on Tuesday.

"Please believe the words in my letter, they are true and from my heart. I can only hope you will give me the chance to prove my unending love for you. Life without you is empty and meaningless," the ad reads. "Please, please, please call me. I love you with all my heart!"

The ad prompted calls from readers curious to know how things turned out, the newspaper said on Wednesday. It did not identify the man because of an advertiser privacy policy, but contacted him to learn what prompted the ad and whether Marianne had relented.

Larry told the newspaper that he knows his wife saw the advertisement because a relative is still speaking to him.

"She said my wife read the ad and started crying. But so far I've had no response from her," the newspaper quoted Larry as saying.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 691 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:07 am
I wonder how he interprets, "No"?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:44 am
Yeah. It sounds so romantic, but I found myself wondering what the story was behind it.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:47 am
Quote:
"She said my wife read the ad and started crying. But so far I've had no response from her," the newspaper quoted Larry as saying.

crying cause she cannot escape the guy she does not love
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:49 am
Only larry and marianne know for sure but what a gesture, huh?
0 Replies