Actual job/dream job

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 06:27 am
My actual job is as a receptionist in a yucky,dingey computer company.

My dream job would be a clothes designer to the famous and ridiculously rich, being creative all day etc

Or be an Archeologist like Indiana Jones.

What is your job and what would you like it to be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,121 • Replies: 11
No top replies

heartbroke15

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 07:43 am
well right now im training as an astranaut trainer and learning new thing about astronomy and how the world works, i would like to create the first actual airplane to reach space without a disaster.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:34 am
I'm a freelance graphic designer. Being able to work from home, which I do, is my dream job. I wanted to be a fashion designer, even went to school for it, but I couldn't sew. Someday I'd love to try my hand at that again and hire others to sew for me. That's my plan if I ever win the lottery.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 08:42 am
eoe - Do you do computer graphics? I need a graphic (maybe animated, but not necessarily) and logo for a new site. Don't know if PMs are working. If they are, let me know if you are interested.

I've worked at home for the past 14 years. Did Event Planning, still doing Balloon Decor, and also have a couple of online businesses.

I'm already doing my dream job.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:12 am
My dream job , well, there are 2.
I am doingone of them now... At home mommie. :-)
My other one is to be a cardiovascular surgeon.

My real job, wich is close to a dream job , is nursing.
I have been a nurse for 9 years. I have held other jobs during that time too .. none to such satisfaction as nursing.
I specialize in alzheimers care. It is a job that is good for my heart. Though, I am still damaged by the amount of people I have taken care of who die of this awful disease, but for some reason, just knowing I was in thier lives and took care of them as they basically wasted away to this disease does my heart good. I have alot of family members of patients who I still talk to . One who has been a friend of mine for 7 years. Her mother came to me when she was just diagnosed with the disease. She died 2 years after words.
Doesnt sound like a good fun or fulfilling job on the surface. But deep down, it has made me who I am and made my heart the strongest thing I have ever had in my life. ;-)
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:29 am
eoe.
As I write this im sitting here(at work)drawing some fashion idea designs to show on a fashion forum who invited me to send in my ideas.

If you ever set up a fashion emporium and need clothing ideas, Im your gal.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:57 am
What kind of fashion forum? Care to share the info?

squinney-check your email.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:12 am
My actual job is Corporate Credit Manager and Corp. Process Enforcement Agent. I also design and host a few websites (in the mid-50's now), hobby gone out of control.

My dream job - I gave that up - but if I (we family) didn't have such a cash monster to feed - I'd probably be doing something more in a full time way helping those less fortunate in the world.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:17 am
I work in graphics in a horrible corporate shithole.

My dream job would be applying nipple make-up to supermodels on photo shoots.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:34 am
Ahh, kicky,Im so gald you joined us.Thanks for your contribution.

eoe- www.fashion-era.com
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:40 am
my dream job: mediation and conflict resolution in ethnic conflicts and civil war regions.
my actual job: mediation and conflict resolution in ethnic conflict and civil war regions.
musn't grumble.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 10:44 am
Thanks, material girl. Interesting site.
0 Replies