I need a new color laser printer.

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 01:39 pm
Any suggestions?

I need it to be pretty fast and be able to handle at least tabloid extra size paper (12 x 18).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 897 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 02:21 pm
12x18? That's out of my league.

When I was in business I had an HP laserjet III. It cost about $1200 and was just b&w, but what a workhorse. It slaved day after day for years. We've had our best luck with HP printers but I couldn't see any on the HP website that said they'd do 12x18. My printer is an hp officejet 6610 "all-in-one" I bought a few months ago. I love it. It can handle 11x17 and has 40 buttons on the front. I could get into serious trouble messing with 'em. <grin> It looks like this:
http://hpshopping.speedera.net/www.shopping.hp.com/shopping/images/products/q1638a_150.gif

(Really, jp, I can't help you but I just posted so I could say hi! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-065.gif Good luck in your search.)
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 02:27 pm
Thanks anyway Piffka. I need 12 x 18 so that I can do full page spreads + crop marks.

Do you like your all-in-one? I was thinking of getting one for home.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2005 02:39 pm
I figured the 12x18 size must be for something specialized.

So far, so good with my all-in-one. I bought it at Costco for about $350. The prints are clean and sharp (to my untrained eye), the copier has been handy and the scanner is fast and has easy-to-use software for the little bit of editing I've done so far. Everything has worked without any fussing and it seems to have a good-sized buffer. I haven't used the fax yet. We disconnected it from the phone line as the ringing was annoying and I rarely need one.
0 Replies