Driving in Ireland

lab rat

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:47 am
Hi all,
I am an American travelling to Ireland at the end of February. I will be in Tallaght/Dublin for work initially but then am taking some vacation time with my wife. We would like to spend a couple of days in the Wicklow Mountains, and it seems like it will be most practical for us to rent a car to get there. Can I legally drive in Ireland with a U.S. driver's license/passport? Are there better alternatives during the non-tourist season that don't involve me trying to drive on the left side of the road? We would like some flexibility once we're in the Wicklow vicinity to visit Glendalough, explore "off the beaten path" a bit, etc.--that's another reason we are considering a rental car.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 708 • Replies: 1
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 Jan, 2005 09:55 am
go slow. WHen I first worked in Ireland, I got an inernat licnse and rider through my company. Driving was aa bitch to get used to. For m the problem was making the turns aand winding up in the oncoming lane. they had those circles in aand around dublin aand I went in multiple circles till I got it. Think Mass going in the wrong lanes. I also kept forgetting to look right when crossing streets. Since our office was in Coork, Id aake the train aalot. Th traains aare great,
0 Replies