<I just bought a steam cleaner>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:12 pm
so how's the housebreaking going?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:47 pm
Ahhh! I want a puppy! (A housebroken one)

Too cute for words. Before you know it you'll be saying things like "Remember when..." and "Where has the time gone?"

Just be patient. It actually takes a few months for them to have real bladder control. Once we got our Russel Terrier / beagle mix "trained" she completely out of the blue walked in the family room and squated and pee'd on Bears foot as he sat talking to me. The look on his face was priceless as the warmth spread and he realized what it was.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2005 09:58 pm
See these posts, Joahaeyo -

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=637735#637735

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=657127#657127
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
i just had to share a pic of what my dogs are snacking on right now

it's the weekend - so it's time for something special

Merrick's Napa Valley Picnic Shocked

http://www.sitstay.com/store/pics_lg/EDM05.lg.jpg
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:45 am
Our two-year-old "trained" basset just set a new personal record yesterday. One urine and two fecal events in the house in a 24-hour period despite being taking out at her regular times. We did have company and it seems she does these things when her routine has been changed. Or maybe she just doesn't like our taste in friends?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 07:51 am
I'm still not able to bring my horse inside the house...

http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_horse.gif
0 Replies

WhoodaThunk

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 08:11 am
You gotta be tough, Gustav. Show him who's boss. (Road apples are only slightly larger than what I've been cleaning up.)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 08:59 am
An idiot freind of mine (a large demographic) once rode his horse into a tavern following a parade in which the two had participated. The tavern's floor was tile. The horse was wearing pavement shoes - hard steel pavement shoes. There was a great deal of chaos, and some furniture damage, but fortunately no significant injury to any of the parties involved - and some present at the time got real involved. From that time forward, however, the only way to get that horse to go through a doorway, gate, or portal of any sort was to blindfold it and lead it through.
0 Replies

Joahaeyo

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 09:21 am
ehbeth, that looks delicious!!! is that dog or human food? I'd put it in my taco. Laughing

thanks for the advice! I guess after the first 2 days and the new dogs I'm babysitting, she totally got the hang of it by the end of the week! She's doing wonderful. I did read the links!

She copies the other dog who spins in circles when she has to go. Razz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 09:30 am
Don't all dogs spin/circle? All of the ones I've ever lived with do/did.

It's dog food, Joa. Amazing stuff. Great quality - and it doesn't smell nasty. The dogs went mad for it, shoved their bowls all around the kitchen to get every last scrap of it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 03:11 pm
I seem to know dogs who announce full bladders with deep, meaningful looks--sometimes accompanied by a yap, but always with profound eyes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 03:17 pm
A cold nose against my calf...
0 Replies