The Great a2k Burrito War of 2018!

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 12:01 pm
What's the best stuff to put in burritos?

Is California the best place to nosh the stuffed as they crown themselves the makers of the best burritos? Or are they filled with horse droppings like I suspect?

Beans or no beans? What kind of beans? Black, kidney, other beans?

Medium, hot, volcanic levels of hot salsa? White, whole grain, other rice? To sour cream or not to sour cream?

Are burrito bowls the essence of blasphemy? Or a natural progression where the tubular food package is supposed to move on the food evolution tree?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,039 • Replies: 10
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 01:28 pm
You can put almost anything in mine, except sour cream and cheese.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 03:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
That's a kitchen sink burrito. There's too much going on in there.

I'm used to the more traditional ones, which are basically stews and guisos wrapped in a flour tortilla. The idea was to be able to eat your dinner without a fork, in an edible container.
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 04:22 pm
@InfraBlue,
agreed. I hate those huge slop covered burritos with all sorts of crap in there. My burritos are simple , must contain cilantro, no crema nor cheese (I finally agree with EB).

Hand size so I can dip it into a plate full of my homemade habanero salsa
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 04:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
burritos are salsa-carriers for me so I don't want too much crap loaded in there. I need to be able to bend the burrito a bit so I can scoop more salsa. those over-stuffed ones? I take them apart, just keep the innards I want, re-roll, then offer the left-over innards around. I guess that's why I like build your own fajitas at restaurants - they don't arrive overfilled.

give me the salsa!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 05:53 pm
Did you ever see a Taco Bell burrito? It looks like somebody dumped the content of a garbage disposer in it. I came into possession one once and had to leave it in the waste can.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 06:15 pm
@edgarblythe,
I'd rebuild it - or give it to one of they guys that always seem to be waiting outside for food. Actually that's one of the joys of Taco Bell, $1 or so extra to get a giant meal instead of the one or two things I want - always enough to give food to one or two guys.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 06:35 pm
@ehBeth,
This goes back several years. I don't recall the circumstances fully, but it was not a situation where you would readily find someone to take it.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 06:36 pm
@edgarblythe,
I don't see how you can rebuild slop.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 03:26 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Did you ever see a Taco Bell burrito? It looks like somebody dumped the content of a garbage disposer in it. I came into possession one once and had to leave it in the waste can.

Their bean burritos are pretty good, actually.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 03:47 pm
@InfraBlue,
I like them with the pico de gallo instead of cheese/sour cream.
0 Replies