Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,936 • Replies: 30
No top replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 09:34 am
DSL @ 1536 kbit/s
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 09:49 am
I can download at about 16 megabytes a minute on average. One time I got a 770 meg movie in 67 minutes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:00 am
Dial up. Had MSN's DSL through Qwest (the phone company) and couldn't get rid of the buggy thing quick enough. What time it saved was lost in jumping that man made modem daily, if not more often.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:11 am
Roadrunner.

Couldn't be more pleased.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 11:36 am
PDiddie- Ditto on Roadrunner! Very Happy

Here's my Results from my RoadRunner Download Speed Test

Quote:
Your line speed:
2162.5 kbits/s
265 K bytes/sec
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 01:53 pm
Dial up at home still....just cant make myself pay so much to one company <phone, cable, and internet> That bill would just be too much to handle when I thought about it, and I would, which is even sillier.
Got DSL here at the workday ranch...had dial up here as well...so, its an improvement...it is quirky though....the first month & 1/2 was the worst...now, knock on wood, its all good.
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 02:36 pm
Dialup. I figure I don't deserve anything faster until I become more computer literate. I'm pathetically technically challenged.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 10:05 pm
Phee:

I've hit as high as 3000 and 300, depending on the time of day (lower network traffic).

The page loads as fast as I can click; if it doesn't, I know it's something on the other end.

There've been two outages in the past year. I complained loudly when they occurred, but in retrospect shouldn't have--they fixed it in about half a day. (Once a construction crew had cut the line.)

I recommend this service highly.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2003 11:48 pm
Dial-up. I'd love to have DSL, broadband, or any other high speed internet service, but we don't have them in my area yet :-(
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 05:48 am
Dial-up. I can't rationalize paying more for a toy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 05:56 am
First star to the right and straight on 'til morning.....oh! I mean dial-up....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 06:50 am
ehBeth- I never could do as much as I do with A2K if I had dialup. Also, I have reformatted my computer twice myself (once I got stuck and had to call in a pro) Evil or Very Mad . Anyhow, the first time I reformatted, I had to download a lot of updates and other stuff. I remember spending the entire night on the couch in the computer room watching the little blue line
s-l-o-w-l-y move across the screen. The 2nd time, when I had RoadRunner, it was a snap!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 06:57 am
I flat cannot afford cable or what have you. My downloads seem to be quite fast - I never had the problems with long Abuzz threads that my fellow diallers reported - but I DO use Opera on A2k, because I find IE is pretty slow here in comparison.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 09:01 am
Keyword Opera, deb, tell me, are you satisfied with it? I've heard so little about it, it seems to be something just for insiders and hackers...

BTW, I want to escape Bill Gates when it comes to my pc, anyways... so Opera would be a start, and the another OS, byebye, billy!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 09:09 am
Yep Opera is good and there is now a alternate OS - cannot think of the name, but soon as I do I'll let you know - I want to try it asap, heard it's real good.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 09:18 am
I have heard it said that Opera is "buggy" - I cannot access Abuzz from it for some reason a lot of the time! I gather that all sites are well set up for IE, and may not always take kindly to Opera.

Why not try it? The basic one is freeware.

www.opera.com
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:27 am
For now I'm dialing up via NetZero.

I hope to soon get DSL/Broadband.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 11:38 am
I am on roadrunner as well. LOVE IT!!!

I work a ton, free time is at a premium and there are 4 computers in the house. That makes it worth the cost to me!

(ehBeth- If you ever need rationalizations to spend more money, just ask ME,..I'm a PRO!! Laughing )

I have tried Opera, and I liked it- but it caused me some trouble with certain sites, so I opted back to IE, as practically everything is friendly with that!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2003 12:51 pm
At home, dialup.

At work, dark fiber. It rocks.
0 Replies