Many tnx Stur, Cen

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 07:28 pm
https://able2know.org/topic/436608-1

Yet elected this OP owing to its critical importance

I been sayin' some 18 years now [12?] nobody anywhere never talks to anybody else anywhere else about anything: One of my biggest gripes, if not that diff mfrs color-code their drippers diff, is that dealing with everyday probs, the solutions should be made more nearly obvious. For instance in the case of the Canon. me and my BH had struggled w/ it for a week before finally I got onto a2k and ast for help. With the encouragement of Cen and Stur I discovered that all I needed to do was pull out the paper-feed tray

...that is, to expose the mechanism underneath so I could free the stuck sheet. Here's a zamp'a where there needs to be some kinda instr on the outside
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 457 • Replies: 6
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2018 08:09 pm
Usually the message screen says "Paper Jam."

At least every HP printer that I have ever used has had a message screen.

izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 01:59 am
@dalehileman,
I think printers were sent by the devil to torment us all. You turn them on, they spend the next twenty minutes getting ready, then they feed seven sheets through blank before they start printing. Once they start a print job they print off two copies before they have to shut down due to some unforeseen error, and you have to start the whole process over again.

Not only that but the two pages that have been printed off aren't pages you actually want but something you put on the print queue a fortnight ago and forgot about.

I'm pleased yours seems to be behaving though, eventually.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 12:48 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
to torment us all
No q 'bout it, Iz

Quote:
pleased yours seems to be behaving
Thanks, Push. Your msg has brightened my entire day
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 02:05 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
message screen
'Deed Punk my Canon has one also, kept telling me I wuz outa paper til finally I learned all I hadda do to get at the feedin' mech was to pull out tche paper-feed slider
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 02:46 pm
My HP laser printer is a nuisance, but in a different way. When I bought it, it had, as many new printers do, "starter" toner cartridges which are rated at 500 pages instead of the normal 1,000 pages. In the summer it said I was close to running out of black toner. The page count was around 450 so I wasn't surprised. I ordered a replacement cartridge from Amazon and it was delivered, but I decided to wait until I could actually see on printed pages the black toner was low. It is now on 629 pages and is still happily printing nice deep blacks. The colour cartridges are on 30% remaining. I since looked around on the web, and it seems that a laser printer doesn't actually know how much toner is left - it guesses based on page count, and many owners of my printer model (the m251) have got 750 plus pages from a starter cartridge. HP is not alone in trying to get you to buy consumables before you need to. The difference from inkjets is that it won't actually refuse to print at some some arbitrary point, it lets you decide. If the fuser or something expensive goes, I'll just dump it as it only cost 50 quid from Staples. Unused ex-display, no manuals or packaging, 2 year warranty. I found the fuser is part of a "maintenance kit" that you need after 100,000 pages, which at my rate of use will be (really) about the year 2045. Now you know why I don't buy inkjets any more.

dalehileman

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2018 04:10 pm
@centrox,
Thanks Cen for that report. The digital world isn't always as smart as some of us thought
0 Replies